Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me..

1. Regular Member

Tell me..

Advertisements
    ..your favorite beer! And what beers do you hate?!

I'm not one to drink liquor or mixed drinks, the occasional margarita, mimosa, cocktail...but I mainly stick to beer.

My favorites are definitely either Dos Equis or Blue Moon Belgian White.
    Dislikes are PBR! I cannot stand Pabst, I also really dislike Heineken (people think I'm crazy for that one.)

As far as IPA's go, I'm slowly but surely venturing into the IPA spectrum, there are so many and they're all so different but strong.
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Does my own home brew count? Because I've been tinkering with brewing for years. At this exact moment, I have a baby batch of mead made from ironbark honey quietly growing up in my shed.

If I'm buying, I'm partial to Cooper's Original Pale Ale. It doesn't pretend to be fancy, but it's really nice.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. Senior Member
    Not a big fan of IPA's. I'm the rare girl who likes dark beer. My faves are Arrogant Bastard and Guinness.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Does my own home brew count? Because I've been tinkering with brewing for years. At this exact moment, I have a baby batch of mead made from ironbark honey quietly growing up in my shed.

If I'm buying, I'm partial to Cooper's Original Pale Ale. It doesn't pretend to be fancy, but it's really nice.
    Of course your own brew counts. I'm still in awe that you not only cook everything under the sun and can turn anything into a meal, but that you also have some experience in making your own brew. That's so neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    Not a big fan of IPA's. I'm the rare girl who likes dark beer. My faves are Arrogant Bastard and Guinness.
    I'm stepping into the realm of dark beers, but I forgot about Guinness. I think that is probably my LEAST favorite, or most hated. The one in the black bottle. Guinness Draught (?) the after taste in that kills me.
  5. Senior Member
    Don't drink IPA, I generally drink lagers, pale ales and love me a red ale that has been dried hopped. Generally also stick to craft beers vs mass produced beers.
  6. Senior Member
    I hate all beers. I think they taste and smell disgusting. Im more of a margarita or cosmo type person. My SO loves beer tho and really enjoys going to brewerys
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I haven't found a beer I like, ever.
  8. Senior Member
    I like blue moon, abita, leinenkugel, and I always order whatever citrusy type there is at breweries but I rarely actually like them. I hate IPAs. PBR is like kinda drinkable in a pinch but it's never gonna be my first choice.
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Figgychick View Post
    Of course your own brew counts. I'm still in awe that you not only cook everything under the sun and can turn anything into a meal, but that you also have some experience in making your own brew. That's so neat!
    You say that as though brewing is difficult.

It really isn't. It's one of the easiest things to get into that I've ever tried. Water, yeast, sugar (any sugar) to feed the yeast and time. If you want to perfect it, you can play with it forever, and this is more or less what the bearded hipster craft brewers do...but the basic concept is just those four things. You could buy a bottle of apple juice tomorrow and brew in the bottle. If they could do it in the Stone Age, we can do it now.

I posted a walkthrough over here a while ago.

I'm not very good at it. I'm just dicking around with ideas.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm big on local beers so Kona Brewing Lavaman, Lilikoi Cider from Yard House, golden ales from Gordon Biersch. If I can't get local I'll do PBR, Stella, or Sierra Nevada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast