Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good and the bad

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The good and the bad

Advertisements
    Tell me about the good and the bad of our week! We'll celebrate and commiserate together.

For me-
    Good: I successfully hosted two symposiums. They were well attended and went off nearly without a hitch. Plus one of the speakers was I also received an email from someone I interviewed with like 3 years ago at an organization I admire asking if I was interested a position they will be hiring for soon. Hopefully that'll turn into something.

Bad: My 6th phone charger in 1.5 years seems to be dying. Also, I need another hair cut even though I just got one less than a month ago. #shorthairproblems
    Last edited by AshleyO; 05-17-2017 at 09:08 AM.

I Eelizah
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yay!! I'm glad your events went well and it sounds like you made a really good impression!

Good: I did well on both my assessments for my training for my new role. Definitely looking forward to getting started with my new team.

Bad: Butters has another ear infection He has cocker spaniel ears so he always struggles this time of year. I got him some medicine so he's doing better but I can tell he's uncomfortable, poor little dude.
  3. Senior Member
    The good: today is my "Thursday" at work and tomorrow is my Friday.
    The bad: I still haven't heard from SO and I have to book his plane ticket home really soon before they are all gone, and now Im stressing.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Yay!! I'm glad your events went well and it sounds like you made a really good impression!

Good: I did well on both my assessments for my training for my new role. Definitely looking forward to getting started with my new team.

Bad: Butters has another ear infection He has cocker spaniel ears so he always struggles this time of year. I got him some medicine so he's doing better but I can tell he's uncomfortable, poor little dude.
    Does that mean you're done with the conference calls and the noisy eaters? Poor Butters My dad's dog (a lab) used to get them all the time, but his were water related. He got these disgusting smelling drops to put in after swimming and it made a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    The good: today is my "Thursday" at work and tomorrow is my Friday.
    The bad: I still haven't heard from SO and I have to book his plane ticket home really soon before they are all gone, and now Im stressing.
    I hope he gets back to you soon!

I Eelizah
  5. Moderator

I have two good things! As of today, I am down 13lbs in four weeks! I feel amazing and am almost halfway down to my goal weight! Also, the kids get out of school Friday!!!! I love summer break and cannot wait.

My bad is really just stupid and sad. . My son is almost done as a junior, so next year is his last year. I can't believe it. Senior pics are next week. It's just crazy to me.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good: today is my YDS's 10th birthday. We celebrated yesterday because of my bad.

Bad: I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out today and DH goes out of town for a fishing trip Friday to Monday. Good for him and yay I can hog the tv. Lol I'm just stressing the unknown of how my body will react and not having him here to help. But because of YDS's birthday we have cake and ice cream and those fall in the soft food group I do believe.....lol
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Does that mean you're done with the conference calls and the noisy eaters? Poor Butters My dad's dog (a lab) used to get them all the time, but his were water related. He got these disgusting smelling drops to put in after swimming and it made a HUGE difference.
    Unfortunately I'm not done with training yet! I'll probably be all the way transitioned by mid-June so I still have some conference calls left to go. People seem to have gotten better about eating so I think one of the directors said something, but now there's a lady who has a cough and she never mutes herself ... it's always something.

Yeah I think with Butters it is allergy related unfortunately. We were planning on taking him out swimming soon though so I'll definitely keep an eye on him in case his ears get worse. I know Bella has swimming issues, last time she went swimming for a long time she got a yeast infection in her skin.
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Good: I set a goal to lose 20lbs by Memorial Day weekend and pretty sure I'm actually gonna hit it this weekend, a week early!

Bad: Woke up with this awful stomach bug yesterday, stayed home from work, puked/pooed my brains out, consumed only soup broth and gatorade. Also got a call yesterday that my Gma on my mom's side passed away.
    ~Becca~

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I have two good things! As of today, I am down 13lbs in four weeks! I feel amazing and am almost halfway down to my goal weight! Also, the kids get out of school Friday!!!! I love summer break and cannot wait.

My bad is really just stupid and sad. . My son is almost done as a junior, so next year is his last year. I can't believe it. Senior pics are next week. It's just crazy to me.
    Congrats! That's great!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Good: today is my YDS's 10th birthday. We celebrated yesterday because of my bad.

Bad: I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out today and DH goes out of town for a fishing trip Friday to Monday. Good for him and yay I can hog the tv. Lol I'm just stressing the unknown of how my body will react and not having him here to help. But because of YDS's birthday we have cake and ice cream and those fall in the soft food group I do believe.....lol
    Good luck today! I hope it's not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Good: I set a goal to lose 20lbs by Memorial Day weekend and pretty sure I'm actually gonna hit it this weekend, a week early!

Bad: Woke up with this awful stomach bug yesterday, stayed home from work, puked/pooed my brains out, consumed only soup broth and gatorade. Also got a call yesterday that my Gma on my mom's side passed away.
    Congrats. Sorry about your gma

I Eelizah
  10. Regular Member
    Good: I recently interviewed for a part time position as a bank teller and just yesterday got a call that they would like to offer me a full time position! Super unexpected especially since I applied for the job about a month ago and never heard back until a couple weeks ago when they called to set up an interview.

Although my plan was to move back to California and embark on my own military career, DH and I really need the money and we're going to be at Bragg for about 5 more months, so I'm willing to suck it up until we PCS and then embark on my military journey.

Bad: This damn cold sore, I'm worried may be impetigo which I know is usually more common in children but it isn't unheard-of in adults. DH said I definitely could've gotten it from the dentist. Don't know if that's a possibility, but I know you don't have symptoms for 3-4 days until after exposed to whatever it is that can cause it, and I did get this damn thing about 4 days after I had gone to the dentist. Either way, I know it'll cure itself but it's so ugly
    On the plus side, I don't start work for two weeks so it'll be gone by then thank goodness!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast