Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Goals

Advertisements
    DH and I were talking about our life after the military and all the stuff we're excited for, plus I'm bored

Short: Were buying jet skis when we move back to the mainland
    Long: spend a couple months backpacking through Europe & owning a home on a lake!

What are some of yours?
  2. Senior Member
    Short: getting my first real job next year after I get my teaching credential and buying a car, taking DB to Disneyland

Long: buying a house, getting a family vacation home with my cousins

Love the lake house! I'm so much more of a lake person than a beach person.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    DH and I were talking about our life after the military and all the stuff we're excited for, plus I'm bored

Short: Were buying jet skis when we move back to the mainland
    Long: spend a couple months backpacking through Europe & owning a home on a lake!

What are some of yours?
    Stand up or sit down? I've never ridden a jet ski but my husband grew up with them (he lived on a lake) and claims stand up ones are a trillion percent better

My goals right now are:

Short - to hopefully have my gallbladder removed. I'm in an intense negotiation phase at the moment

Long - Pay off our house, and hopefully buy land up north either with an RV or a cabin so we can have Summer or Winter weather depending on what we feel like
  4. Senior Member
    We are trying to travel to 50 countries together by the time we are 50. We were doing great, but this tour has very little opportunity for leave for him, so that may set us back even enough that we don't make it. We are going to try our damnedest though!

That's far enough away that it may count as long term, but longer term, we'd like to fully retire to either Vegas or Coronado (which would require like a zillion dollars!).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    I'm graduating in December and I really want to move out of Florida. I barely care where. Just out. Hopefully I'll find a real job that pays a living wage, I wanna buy a tiny house (not an actual Tiny House, just a small house) to fix up. Maybe eventually build my own, who knows. I haven't explored enough to know where I want to retire yet.
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Short term right now is to get my damn house organized because it's a disaster! My mom is like the organization queen so she is going to come help me move stuff around that first weekend in June. Then it's just painting/setting up the nursery for little man!

Long term is more so my job stuff and getting that situated! Being able to quit and work from home is going to be a big adjustment so I'm trying to plan that out! Set my goals for what my expectations are being home etc.

7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Short term: figure out which city I want to move to in a few months, save up enough money to finally pay my Gramps back (he put me through my last semester of undergrad), keep being awesome

Long term: stay in the nonprofit sector, pay off my new car, adopt a corgi.
  8. Regular Member
    Short: Make a crate shelf. Frame a tapestry. Radicalize and organize my city. Get a Colwood wood burning tool. Run a marathon (I've done a half).

Long: Get back to Europe for a while. Build a homestead in the mountains. Smash the state. Raise two decent young men.
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    In the next two years our goals are to trek the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal and buy a house in SL, UT!

life's a party, rock your body
  10. Regular Member
    Short term: Get into shape and get myself into healthier eating habits.

Long term: Once the Army is no longer a part of our lives (DH and I) buy a house back home. Hopefully not in Southern California...looking more towards central California.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast