Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves?

1. Senior Member

Pet peeves?

Advertisements
    What are your pet peeves?

I have a few. I cannot stand it when people (dh) pile their dishes in front of the faucet, they don't wash them and make it harder for me to do them.
    I also cannot stand when guys shave and leave their face left overs on the counter/sink (dh doesn't do this, but my brother ALWAYS did and it made me nuts).
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I hate when people say "I don't have time to be sick". News flash, no one does. And it's never a good time. Are you super busy with a project at work, finals at school, a new born baby and a deployed husband? That's a terrible time to get sick. But so is when you are finally getting a vacation for the first time in a year. There is no good time, for anyone. I'm currently on day 13 in the hospital because of the disease I was born with, and yes, I absolutely could be doing other things with my time but health comes first.

I also really hate impatient, dangerous drivers. Everyone has somewhere to be. Everyone wants to get there alive, there is no reason to be rude, aggressive or feel you're more important on the road. If your wife is currently giving birth in the car, or someone is bleeding out from an attack or accident (you should have called an ambulance to be honest in that scenario), then I can understand, but most of the time it's just people with poor driving emotions/skills putting people at risk.

Third one is condescending nurses with a power trip and doctors who only live in textbooks and can't understand the reality of what they're asking you to do by adding meds, treatments, procedures and don't comprehend common sense. There's tons of awesome health care professionals, but there are some that are just
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm impatient so unprepared people really irk me sometimes. I'm in a meeting with almost 15 people and we'll go down a list giving presentations or doing mic checks or something ... you'd think #13 out of 15 wouldn't act totally surprised and have to scramble to get all their paperwork together. What is it really a shock that they asked you to do the same thing they asked the previous 12?

Also we went to the movies last week and stood in line almost 10 minutes for concessions and the people in front of us took FOREVER to order because they couldn't make up their minds what they wanted. They've literally been standing in front of a giant menu the whole time!

Last thing is just when people BS but won't admit it. I'm part of a remote team now so e-mail is one of our primary forms of communication. There's 2-3 people that are just really unorganized or something because we'll refer back to documents and they'll insist "I never got that, can someone send it to me because I was left off." We have a workgroup with everyone's email, you were not left off! I always forward the original email they were on because I'm snarky like that but damn it's unprofessional and annoying. Goes back to my impatience I guess but I hate having my time wasted like that!
  4. Senior Member
    Current pet peeve is tardiness. I'm at my little brother's basketball tournament. Game started 25 minutes ago. Coach isn't here. We were here 40 minutes early, instructed to be half an hour early.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Current pet peeve is tardiness. I'm at my little brother's basketball tournament. Game started 25 minutes ago. Coach isn't here. We were here 40 minutes early, instructed to be half an hour early.
    For real! I walked out of the office my last appointment, I love my doctor but was supposed to see the NP of the practice and she is ALWAYS running late. The patients to see my doctor were coming in and leaving after being seen, and I was still waiting. She has had me wait over an hour before. If one of the doctors gets called to a birth, I understand, but she doesn't deliver babies.

I hate people making you wait like your time is less important than theirs.
  6. Senior Member
    I hate being told to do things I was already planning on doing. I will usually delay the thing if someone tells me to do it.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Also we went to the movies last week and stood in line almost 10 minutes for concessions and the people in front of us took FOREVER to order because they couldn't make up their minds what they wanted. They've literally been standing in front of a giant menu the whole time
    I'm guilty of this. I'm super indecisive, especially with food, and take forever to pick what I want. I always feel awful about it and now I always try to decide what I want before I get in line.

I can't stand the sound of people chewing or when people crunch their food super loud. My mom somehow makes every crunchy food ten times louder when she eats it. I feel bad when I get annoyed with people for it because I know they can't really help it much.

I also get really irritated with hypocrites.
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    People who don't indicate while driving.

When someone snapchats you something and they also make it their story!!!

Consistent tardiness.

Interrupting. Ugh.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I hate being told to do things I was already planning on doing. I will usually delay the thing if someone tells me to do it.
    This is totally me. It irritates me so so sooooo much when someone does that to me, especially if they tell me to do something when I'm already doing something else that needs to be done, and I had planned on doing whatever they told me to do, after I'm done with my current task.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    People who don't indicate while driving.

When someone snapchats you something and they also make it their story!!!
    Both of these! Especially the driving one. I have road rage as it is when people do stupid things while driving.
    Like when people go flying past me or swerving in and out of traffic to only end up two cars ahead. 1. You're driving like an idiot, that's not going to get you anywhere faster. 2. That's dangerous to be driving like that and if I got hit by someone doing something stupid, and they really ruined my car, I'd be absolutely furious.

Also, when people are paying with cash (I work at a grocery store) and instead of handing the bills and coins to me in my OPEN and OUTREACHED hand, they set it down for me to pick up.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    "I never got that, can someone send it to me because I was left off." We have a workgroup with everyone's email, you were not left off! I always forward the original email they were on because I'm snarky like that but damn it's unprofessional and annoying.
    Oh I would totally forward the original email too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast