Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Husband just left for basic 😔

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Husband just left for basic 😔

Advertisements
    Well my husband just left for basic training on the 6th of April I start work tomorrow we have a 4 month old son and a 6 year old from a previous relationship who is really close to his step dad and at this point I miss him so much I don't know what to do like it hurts and not everyone understands like my friends when I talk to them there just like oh it will be ok or get over it he's coming back soon so I thought hey why not find forums for military wives and seek someone else to confide in
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaden16 View Post
    Well my husband just left for basic training on the 6th of April I start work tomorrow we have a 4 month old son and a 6 year old from a previous relationship who is really close to his step dad and at this point I miss him so much I don't know what to do like it hurts and not everyone understands like my friends when I talk to them there just like oh it will be ok or get over it he's coming back soon so I thought hey why not find forums for military wives and seek someone else to confide in
    Welcome! We understand for sure. Everyone has helped me so much! It is one of the worst feelings not being able to communicate, or be with your SO. If you need to talk to someone I am always available. I just got back from visiting mine and the goodbyes are awful. I think I've gone through multiple tissue boxes already since Tuesday night
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Welcome to the forum! Not many people outside of the military are going to understand your situation, but those of us who have been through something like this do. That's why we're here!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My husband is about to go to Korea in a couple months so i get what you're going through. I found this website like 20 minutes ago and im glad to see theres people still on it. How long will he be gone for?
    No one really understands because they get sad over not seeing their SO for the weekend. I'm about to not see him for a year. What really sucks is being together then not having them in your bed anymore. Or getting a hug when times are tough. But once its over, it'll be so rewarding. Be strong for you, your husband and your children. Do things for you to make time go by quicker. I'll be on here if you want to talk.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cali49 View Post
    Welcome! We understand for sure. Everyone has helped me so much! It is one of the worst feelings not being able to communicate, or be with your SO. If you need to talk to someone I am always available. I just got back from visiting mine and the goodbyes are awful. I think I've gone through multiple tissue boxes already since Tuesday night
    Thank you for your response I'm glad I have someone to talk to at least I'm new on here so forgive me if I reply to something wrong and honestly I see it doesn't get any easier I was really considering going to talk to a therapist because I thought something was seriously wrong with me besides missing him I mean the days are ok beside my house being quiet when my 6 yr old isn't here the nights get really lonely and that's when it hurts the most so what have you guys done like hobbies or any to keep your mind busy
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisen2 View Post
    My husband is about to go to Korea in a couple months so i get what you're going through. I found this website like 20 minutes ago and im glad to see theres people still on it. How long will he be gone for?
    No one really understands because they get sad over not seeing their SO for the weekend. I'm about to not see him for a year. What really sucks is being together then not having them in your bed anymore. Or getting a hug when times are tough. But once its over, it'll be so rewarding. Be strong for you, your husband and your children. Do things for you to make time go by quicker. I'll be on here if you want to talk.
    He left April 6th and he should graduate sometime in June I go to see him then which a good thing but only for that day then he goes to A school for a month and he'll be here for two weeks in July after that we find out we're there going to station him and idk what happens from then heck he could get deployed with everything that's starting to happen now the only good thing is that wherever he is station we get to move with him so I'm happy about that �� I probably can call his recruiter and ask him he'll probably know
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi there yeah not a lot of people will understand thank for the support and the welcoming I'm trying to be strong the nights get pretty lonely 😭 though
  8. Senior Member
    It might only be boot camp but for your son its a major life change. look at pinterest for ideas to help the countdown like hershey kisses in a jar, or those circle banners where you tear a piece of paper off for each day. Another thing I heard was the day he leaves do something each in this case week that your son wants to do....weather its going to mcdonalds or something to celebrate another week closer to seeing dad.
  9. Regular Member
    I have a countdown app that I use. When I am away from him I really try to get out of the house as much as possible. Being with some of my good friends makes me feel less lonely. The nights are the hardest for me too. Sometimes a cry a little or my mind won't shut off. I think having people around me most of the time helps. I don't like to be by myself. I have always been like that. Even if someone is sitting right next to me that I know and we are silent it feels a whole hell of a lot better. When I get really lonely I go to the grocery store lol might sound weird, but it helps. Or I take a drive with the music up. As far as hobbies, I go to school full time and work and play slow pitch softball two nights a week. I just try and stay busy without over doing it, which usually happens then I have a mini breakdown. I try and learn new things too. My DB plays a lot of video games and I am not one to do that at all, but I am going to try and learn to play one hahaha something of a challenge I guess. I'm thinking it'll go poorly lmao. Worth a shot! I like meeting new people too, so I try and get out there! Or volunteering. I do that as well sometimes