Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bored Newly Returned Spouse!

1. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Bored Newly Returned Spouse!

Advertisements
    Need new friends! We are currently in Japan. Hubby is Navy. We leave at the end of the year-ish, So would love to get some friends back home!

Aske me anything to keep me busy!
  2. Regular Member
    My boyfriend's in the Navy as well! He's just finishing boot camp!
  3. Senior Member
    Hi! New to the military lifestyle and trying to learn the ropes. SO is at basic right now for Army NG.

I heard from another mil spouse over the weekend that Japan is a crazy place to be stationed. She said that as a female you do not go off base without someone with you because you can get picked up by people through the hustle and bustle of the streets. she said people would wait outside the gates of the base for females to leave on their own and follow them. If that's true... that's scary!!!! I hope you're enjoying Japan, anyway.
  4. Regular Member
    Hi there! My boyfriend is in A School, but he's hoping to get stationed in Japan at some point. I would love to visit if he gets stationed there or even go over there for a little while myself to participate in one of the teaching programs. My friend has been over there for about 6 months teaching English and he's in love. What has your experience been like?
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/3a006e1a506c9f8649f4d809726f2d43/tumblr_nwtutw4zvG1sa8ezpo8_r1_250.gif
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Hi! New to the military lifestyle and trying to learn the ropes. SO is at basic right now for Army NG.

I heard from another mil spouse over the weekend that Japan is a crazy place to be stationed. She said that as a female you do not go off base without someone with you because you can get picked up by people through the hustle and bustle of the streets. she said people would wait outside the gates of the base for females to leave on their own and follow them. If that's true... that's scary!!!! I hope you're enjoying Japan, anyway.
    This really could not be less true. I have no idea who told you this, but it's ridiculous. Japan is incredibly safe. You are far safer walking the streets here than in pretty much any place in the US. Seriously, this information is so wrong that it's kind of funny. While of course there is some crime here, and there are a few areas best avoided (just like any place in the US, though even the "bad" areas here are less bad than the US), it is so safe and the Japanese people are kind, polite, honest, and respectful.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    Absolutely! Japan is BEAUTIFUL! And sooo much safer then the states every day!