Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rude comments

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Rude comments

Advertisements
    What's the rudest comment anyone has ever made to you? The UPS man made a very inadvertently rude comment to one of my coworkers today so we were talking about it.

For me, it was when I worked on a blood bus. My coworker and I were chatting with a donor about her plans for the weekend and when she asked us what we were doing, we said we always had to work on weekends. She responded with a very superior comment about how we had to work for higher level jobs so that we didn't have to work on weekends and how it's just the price you pay when you settle for something easy. I was working on my masters at the time, my coworker was in nursing school and we very politely let her know that her judgement was both highly inaccurate and extremely rude.

I Eelizah
  2. Senior Member
    When I was a cashier in Louisiana some old man told me I better learn to sweep faster or I'll never find a husband And I was married at the time sooooo

I think I probably told you this, but I was cutting glass for some other old guy recently and he was like "how old are you, 18? 19?" and I told him I'm 28. He asked if I'm married and I said no, and he said I better find somebody because I'm getting kind of up there if I wanna have kids lmaooo it's still so hilarious to me that within a minute I went from a teenager to a spinster in his eyes.

My ex MIL posted something on my fb wall shortly after I got married and called me a bi-atch and said I need to get off my "peddlestool" or something like that. That was because she saw a post where I called her son a nerd.
  3. cpd
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    The crazy thing is, SAME exact thing.

Also, I was told I was an idiot and incompetent because this man's blood pressure and pulse were too high to donate. He also referred to me as a bitch and swore to never donate again after "donating for years without being turned away."

My supervisor checked his blood pressure/pulse as well and got the same results. We even waited 10 minutes in between each reading, and he still caused a scene. All of this went on inside of a church. I cried and the sweet ladies running the drive brought me a cupcake to make me feel better.
    Last edited by cpd; 03-13-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: More info
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    When I was a cashier in Louisiana some old man told me I better learn to sweep faster or I'll never find a husband And I was married at the time sooooo

I think I probably told you this, but I was cutting glass for some other old guy recently and he was like "how old are you, 18? 19?" and I told him I'm 28. He asked if I'm married and I said no, and he said I better find somebody because I'm getting kind of up there if I wanna have kids lmaooo it's still so hilarious to me that within a minute I went from a teenager to a spinster in his eyes.

My ex MIL posted something on my fb wall shortly after I got married and called me a bi-atch and said I need to get off my "peddlestool" or something like that. That was because she saw a post where I called her son a nerd.
    Yes, that old man is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd View Post
    The crazy thing is, SAME exact thing.

Also, I was told I was an idiot and incompetent because this man's blood pressure and pulse were too high to donate. He also referred to me as a bitch and swore to never donate again after "donating for years without being turned away."
    I don't know why donating blood brings out the crazy in people, but it certainly does.

I Eelizah
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post

I don't know why donating blood brings out the crazy in people, but it certainly does.
    They really want those movie theatre gift cards
  6. cpd
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post

Yeah, me either! I'm only 21, and I've been a phlebotomist for two and a half years. I got a lot of judgement until I actually performed the venipuncture....that usually made them quiet!
  7. Senior Member
    I was 11 and I was walking my dog through the neighborhood. I was walking past a house that had a lot of adults sitting in the garage on lawn chairs. One of the guys got up and started walking towards me and said "what the fuck is this little Mexican girl doing in MY neighborhood?!"

Then when I was adult and I'd just moved up with DH to NC (the first time). My dad was visiting when DH was away for training, and we were at some little hardware store looking for some part. We were talking to the cashier, an older guy, and he asked us "how long have you been in the united states for?"
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 03-13-2017 at 07:41 PM.

8. cpd
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They really want those movie theatre gift cards
    Sometimes, I wish it was possible to record people's reactions when we'd tell them we ran out of the promo items.

"You mean I did this for nothing?"
    "If nothing means saving lives, then yes! A whole lot of nothing!"
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I was 11 and I was walking my dog through the neighborhood. I was walking past a house that had a lot of adults sitting in the garage on lawn chairs. One of the guys got up and started walking towards me and said "what the fuck is this little Mexican girl doing in MY neighborhood?!"

Then when I was adult and I'd just moved up with DH to NC (the first time). My dad was visiting when DH was away for training, and we were at some little hardware store looking for some part. We were talking to the cashier, and older guy and he asked us "how long we had been in the united states for?"
    How awful.

I Eelizah
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    ugh I'm in this group chat and the people in it are soooooooo rude
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast