Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the fb chord

1. Senior Member

Cutting the fb chord

Advertisements
    After some dumb drama I decided to deactivate Facebook and I'm realizing I'm more attached than I thought. I keep opening my phone to check the app like every 5 minutes I need a reaplacement to keep me occupied until I'm no longer jonsing for social media. What do I doooo. What apps do you use to waste time and keep you occupied

2. Senior Member
    I deactivated mine the beginning of December. I missed it at first but now I don't even think about it anymore to be honest. Stay strong!! My life now is so much better without FB lol
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I basically use FB, IG, Snap, and Pinterest when I'm bored. Not because anything really interesting is going on but out of habit. I'm bored I scroll.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    I basically use FB, IG, Snap, and Pinterest when I'm bored. Not because anything really interesting is going on but out of habit. I'm bored I scroll.
    I have IG and pintrest which I'm pretty addicted to. Insta has been like a fb patch

5. Senior Member
    I have cut myself off of my phone entirely and honestly it feels so good to not be dependent on it. It's kind of crazy how attached we get to them without even realizing it and I was wasting so much time on facebook that I now use to paint. Once you get away from facebook for a while you won't really even want to go on very often. I check mine once every morning and sometimes again in the evening just because that's how a lot of my family members back home contact me.

Reddit is a great place to waste time though and there's something for everyone.
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I use a kindle app to read books.

I haven't deactivated my account because it's a huge way for me to stay in touch with family, but I did recently unfollow people and groups that were causing stress. I can still look at the things when I feel like it but it isn't in my face while scrolling. It's helped a lot, and because my newsfeed is more boring, I'm not going on it as much. My counselor told me basically everyone is having social media problems these days which I find both funny and sad
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I have cut myself off of my phone entirely and honestly it feels so good to not be dependent on it. It's kind of crazy how attached we get to them without even realizing it and I was wasting so much time on facebook that I now use to paint. Once you get away from facebook for a while you won't really even want to go on very often. I check mine once every morning and sometimes again in the evening just because that's how a lot of my family members back home contact me.

Reddit is a great place to waste time though and there's something for everyone.
    cutting my phone out isn't possible for me. We don't have a home phone, and I need a way to be able to contact people, especially if I'm not on social media.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post

I haven't deactivated my account because it's a huge way for me to stay in touch with family, but I did recently unfollow people and groups that were causing stress. I can still look at the things when I feel like it but it isn't in my face while scrolling. It's helped a lot, and because my newsfeed is more boring, I'm not going on it as much. My counselor told me basically everyone is having social media problems these days which I find both funny and sad
    I'm not surprised, I was reading about how social media makes people's lives seem perfect because everyone posts great/happy things.

9. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I'm not surprised, I was reading about how social media makes people's lives seem perfect because everyone posts great/happy things.
    Yea, between that, the politics and the stigma around posting more honest/difficult things there is a lot of room for problems
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post

I love love love doing this. I have some family members that post mostly political things and also some friends who just annoy me with the stuff they post (not in real life though oddly enough, just post weird FB stuff) so I just unfollow them and BAM, it's gone, they never know and they can still see the baby pictures I post if they want! It's wonderful.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast