Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Haaayyyy!

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

Haaayyyy!

Advertisements
    I've been so MIA lately!! What's up with everyone? Anything new and exciting in your lives? Spill the beans! Hope everyone affected by Hurricane Matthew made it through ok, I have a ton of friends in Melbourne and aside from some minor damage, no huge issues to report.

As for me, I left my job in Philly a few weeks ago and moved to DC I had a week in between jobs which was spent moving, cleaning my Philly house, unpacking my new apartment, and running all my new resident type errands. BUT I'm happy to say, my place is fully unpacked!!! The new apartment is adorable, the dogs have settled in very well, and my landlord is the nicest guy on the planet I started my new job with the Federal Government last Monday and oh boy is it different (in a good way!) from working in the private sector for the past 9 years! I'm learning the ropes and very happy that all of my hard work has paid off and I'm finally where I've always wanted to be. I get out of work early enough to actually do lots of stuff with my free time so I've gone on way too many Tinder dates to count Oh and my sister gave birth to my niece ON THE DAY THAT I MOVED HERE Sooo I went up there this past weekend to meet her and get unlimited week old baby snuggles

So yeah things have been a bit crazy on my end but I'm so happy to be getting settled in DC!! Happy Wednesday!!

Tell me something good!!
    ~Becca~

2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I've been so MIA lately!! What's up with everyone? Anything new and exciting in your lives? Spill the beans! Hope everyone affected by Hurricane Matthew made it through ok, I have a ton of friends in Melbourne and aside from some minor damage, no huge issues to report.

As for me, I left my job in Philly a few weeks ago and moved to DC I had a week in between jobs which was spent moving, cleaning my Philly house, unpacking my new apartment, and running all my new resident type errands. BUT I'm happy to say, my place is fully unpacked!!! The new apartment is adorable, the dogs have settled in very well, and my landlord is the nicest guy on the planet I started my new job with the Federal Government last Monday and oh boy is it different (in a good way!) from working in the private sector for the past 9 years! I'm learning the ropes and very happy that all of my hard work has paid off and I'm finally where I've always wanted to be. I get out of work early enough to actually do lots of stuff with my free time so I've gone on way too many Tinder dates to count Oh and my sister gave birth to my niece ON THE DAY THAT I MOVED HERE Sooo I went up there this past weekend to meet her and get unlimited week old baby snuggles

So yeah things have been a bit crazy on my end but I'm so happy to be getting settled in DC!! Happy Wednesday!!

Tell me something good!!

I'm happy everything is working out! on being an aunt!!!

I am getting married in a week and a half and moving to Texas two days later!

I'm starting to get excited and nervous all at the same time!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm so happy you're happy in DC! I will be there at the end of Nov/early Dec, maybe I can see some of you ladies.

A good thing lately... DH is back on day shift now so we have evenings together again. Haven't had our schedules line up so that we're together in the evenings since early June.

It's a bit of an adjustment actually. The last couple days we've spent a lot of time just sitting on the couch looking at each other because we forgot how to spend evenings together But tonight we're gonna build some ikea bookshelves and DH is making 'brinner' (aka breakfast for dinner - bacon, eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns).
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member

Tell me something good!!
    Congrats on becoming an auntie! She's adorable, BTW!

I'm happy you're loving your new job!

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post

Early congrats to you too! Where in Texas are you moving to?

5. Senior Member
    We're moving in a few months, so I've been crossing off a lot of places on my New England bucket list. I've been all over the place over the last couple of months.

This weekend we spent up in Vermont with our friends. It was peak season for fall foliage and it was absolutely beautiful there! I'm going to miss New England

6. Senior Member
    Your niece is just the cutest, I die.

You know everything that happens to me buttt Nick will be back probably the evening of the 29th so I'm super excited about that. As you are aware.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post

Congrats to you guys!! I hope the wedding and move goes smoothly!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I'm so happy you're happy in DC! I will be there at the end of Nov/early Dec, maybe I can see some of you ladies.

A good thing lately... DH is back on day shift now so we have evenings together again. Haven't had our schedules line up so that we're together in the evenings since early June.

It's a bit of an adjustment actually. The last couple days we've spent a lot of time just sitting on the couch looking at each other because we forgot how to spend evenings together But tonight we're gonna build some ikea bookshelves and DH is making 'brinner' (aka breakfast for dinner - bacon, eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns).
    YASSSS def let me know when you're in town, I would love to get together! And Brinner sounds amazing, there's never a bad time for breakfast Glad you and DH have been able to hang out more!

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

We're moving in a few months, so I've been crossing off a lot of places on my New England bucket list. I've been all over the place over the last couple of months.

This weekend we spent up in Vermont with our friends. It was peak season for fall foliage and it was absolutely beautiful there! I'm going to miss New England
    Thanks Your trip in the leaves looked like so much fun! You guys sure are knocking out a lot before you leave. What's the deal with the PCS, did they fix it or are you still headed to NC or wherever it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Your niece is just the cutest, I die.

You know everything that happens to me buttt Nick will be back probably the evening of the 29th so I'm super excited about that. As you are aware.
    YAAAYYY FOR YOU!!!!
    ~Becca~

8. Senior Member

Congrats to you guys!! I hope the wedding and move goes smoothly!

YASSSS def let me know when you're in town, I would love to get together! And Brinner sounds amazing, there's never a bad time for breakfast Glad you and DH have been able to hang out more!

Thanks Your trip in the leaves looked like so much fun! You guys sure are knocking out a lot before you leave. What's the deal with the PCS, did they fix it or are you still headed to NC or wherever it was?

YAAAYYY FOR YOU!!!!
    Awwww thanks guys!! We rented a house in Aubrey .
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Congrats on getting everything completed and on your new niece! New baby snuggles are the best! Especially when you can give them back at the end of the day, lol. Hope the Tinder dates are going well!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Congrats on getting everything completed and on your new niece! New baby snuggles are the best! Especially when you can give them back at the end of the day, lol. Hope the Tinder dates are going well!
    Thanks!!
    ~Becca~