Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: At what point is it acceptable…

  1. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #1

    At what point is it acceptable…

    Advertisements
    ...to start decorating your porch for autumn and Halloween?

    I love Halloween more than Christmas and fall is my favorite season. I’m eager to start decorating, although I know I should probably wait until October. It’s just hard to be patient what with the leaves already starting to change colors and all the autumn decorations in the stores.

    Anyone else super excited for fall to start?




  2. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #2
    September 1st in this household. My house is already fall ready, I don't decorate for Halloween.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Allybeth's Avatar
    Allybeth is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    730
    #3
    I have started putting my Halloween things up inside the house. Will wait another week or so to do the outside.
  4. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #4
    Year round is fine imo
  5. Senior Member
    PaUSMC's Avatar
    PaUSMC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    655
    #5
    I would think decorating for fall is anytime after Labor Day, Halloween a little later maybe? I am the same way but about Christmas. The tree goes up like the weekend after Thanksgiving here.
  6. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    September 1st in this household. My house is already fall ready, I don't decorate for Halloween.
    Nice! Did you decorate outside too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeth View Post
    I have started putting my Halloween things up inside the house. Will wait another week or so to do the outside.
    I've started decorating inside as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Year round is fine imo
    I like the way you think!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I would think decorating for fall is anytime after Labor Day, Halloween a little later maybe? I am the same way but about Christmas. The tree goes up like the weekend after Thanksgiving here.
    I think I'm going to start putting the fall stuff out now and I'll wait until the week before October to put out the Halloween decorations.
    I noticed that no one in my neighborhood has started decorating their porch so I didn't want to be the only one.
    Last edited by idratherbehiking; 09-10-2016 at 06:39 PM.




  7. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    aBr's Avatar
    aBr is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nellis AFB
    Posts
    616

    #7
    IMO autumn is fair game 9/1, Halloween 10/1 and back to autumn on 11/1 lol
  8. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #8
    I haven't done the outside yet! Mostly because I planned to do it this weekend but the ankle/cast/crutch thing is holding me back.

    I need to send DH to Lowe's for some mums and I'll be throwing some pumpkins out there as soon as they start selling them. I want to monogram them this year!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgf92 View Post
    IMO autumn is fair game 9/1, Halloween 10/1 and back to autumn on 11/1 lol
    I'm happy to see that so many of you say the beginning of September! I was certain everyone would tell me to wait until October.

    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I haven't done the outside yet! Mostly because I planned to do it this weekend but the ankle/cast/crutch thing is holding me back.

    I need to send DH to Lowe's for some mums and I'll be throwing some pumpkins out there as soon as they start selling them. I want to monogram them this year!
    Oh that would be so cute!

    I've been looking at fall/Halloween pins on Pinterest since pretty much the day after Christmas. There's so many cute things I want to make.




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •