Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Peak and Pit!!

1. Senior Member

Peak and Pit!!

Advertisements

I know rocket-lizz has been talking about good things, which is always important! So just building on that and reflecting back on your week-how was it?

Peak: I'm going away with DH's family this weekend to a cabin they have with no cell phone service or TV... and I can't wait!

Pit: It's back to school time so I only saw about 50% of my patients this week, which is not good.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post

I know rocket-lizz has been talking about good things, which is always important! So just building on that and reflecting back on your week-how was it?

Peak: I'm going away with DH's family this weekend to a cabin they have with no cell phone service or TV... and I can't wait!

Pit: It's back to school time so I only saw about 50% of my patients this week, which is not good.
    Peak: we booked a trip for me to go see df in two weeks!

Pit: I borrowed my brothers car a few months ago and to be nice I got him an oil change before returning it. He was driven it all over the place since then. Now his engine blew and he is blaming me because he said I didn't check if they put oil in. He probably needed another one since then and he clearly could have checked if they put oil in too! It's all my fault though
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Pit: I still haven't gotten a response to my counter offer on that job yet

Peak: I just got off the phone with the admin and will hopefully have the offer next week! Apparently it got stuck in some sort of government black hole and they are doing everything in their power to push it through - the Director is now involved and he's really worried they're going to lose me if they don't act fast So awesome to be that wanted!!!
    ~Becca~

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Pit: My dog getting bit by a rattlesnake and all the vet appointments since.

Peak: I'm moving to another position at the university I work at that is much MUCH more in the realm of what I want to do with my life. Plus it comes with a raise which could be close to $10K more a year.

I Eelizah
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Pit: My dog getting bit by a rattlesnake and all the vet appointments since.
    Hopefully this ordeal will be over soon, so sad.

Pit: DB is away for yet another military thing. He's reserves, someone please let the USMC know.

Peak: I am watching a work friends dogs for the long weekend. My house is full of labs and I can't handle all of the love.
  6. Senior Member
    Peak: DH and I made some good progress on the Jeep we're fixing up. Still has issues, but two small steps forward is better then nothing.

Pit: Last week I met with a dual military couple hoping to nanny for them. They have two little girls, two dogs(one who is a retired military dog), and five cats. I was really hoping I'd get it, after meeting with them I felt really hopeful about getting the position. I felt it went really well, but Wednesday they told me they offered the position to someone else. Finding a job has been so incredibly difficult here and it's so discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Peak: we booked a trip for me to go see df in two weeks!

Pit: I borrowed my brothers car a few months ago and to be nice I got him an oil change before returning it. He was driven it all over the place since then. Now his engine blew and he is blaming me because he said I didn't check if they put oil in. He probably needed another one since then and he clearly could have checked if they put oil in too! It's all my fault though
    Enjoy your trip and time with him! If a vehicle doesn't have oil in it, it will only run for a matter of minutes before issues start arising. I'm no mechanic, but I'm pretty sure it's not your fault.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Peak: DH and I made some good progress on the Jeep we're fixing up. Still has issues, but two small steps forward is better then nothing.

Pit: Last week I met with a dual military couple hoping to nanny for them. They have two little girls, two dogs(one who is a retired military dog), and five cats. I was really hoping I'd get it, after meeting with them I felt really hopeful about getting the position. I felt it went really well, but Wednesday they told me they offered the position to someone else. Finding a job has been so incredibly difficult here and it's so discouraging.

Enjoy your trip and time with him! If a vehicle doesn't have oil in it, it will only run for a matter of minutes before issues start arising. I'm no mechanic, but I'm pretty sure it's not your fault.
    Awww

Thats exactly what I told him but he doesn't want to hear it!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Awww

Thats exactly what I told him but he doesn't want to hear it!
    Men can be so stubborn!
  9. Senior Member
    Pit: Our hot water heater leaked! Got home, went downstairs and the carpet was squishy!

Peak: That evening after it was fixed, our friends showed up with wine, appetizers and a bunch of flowers! That was so sweet, they knew we needed a mood lifter!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."