Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend plans?

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Weekend plans?

Advertisements

I'm recovering from sinus surgery I had on Wednesday, and preparing to get a new port next week so I'm in bored medical limbo land.

I'm just looking forward to DH being home so I'll have someone to talk to. My parents have been on vacation with our niece and nephew in the U.P. and their cell service sucks up there, so I haven't been able to call them to ramble either

I'm also supposed to be getting some happy mail (clothes I bought myself for birthday next week) but our mail doesn't come until 2-3pm so I'm dying of impatience. So....tell me how your Friday is going or what you're doing this weekend!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post

I'm recovering from sinus surgery I had on Wednesday, and preparing to get a new port next week so I'm in bored medical limbo land.

I'm just looking forward to DH being home so I'll have someone to talk to. My parents have been on vacation with our niece and nephew in the U.P. and their cell service sucks up there, so I haven't been able to call them to ramble either

I'm also supposed to be getting some happy mail (clothes I bought myself for birthday next week) but our mail doesn't come until 2-3pm so I'm dying of impatience. So....tell me how your Friday is going or what you're doing this weekend!

I hope your surgery went well and you recover quickly!!

My Friday is long haha I'm so ready to go home from work because we have a lot to do before tomorrow. Tomorrow we're finishing moving into the new apartment (we already have all the small stuff there so we just need to move the furniture) and then Sunday we're spending the day cleaning the townhouse to get ready to give the landlord back the keys next Friday . This apt is really tiny and we have a lot of stuff...this might be a really cramped 8 months but it will do.
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Hope your nose feels better soon!!!

Tonight DH and I are going out for bibimbap. It's one of my favorite foods so I'm super happy.
    Tomorrow we're going for a bike ride, we both just got bikes recently and haven't been out together yet. There's a neat trail with a really long (like 2/3 mile) biking bridge over a wetlands near our house so I think we might go there. Then tomorrow night we're taking some friends out to dinner. They just got engaged and it's very exciting so we're gonna party at a brewery
    Sunday DH has to work morning shift but we're going to see Suicide Squad in the evening.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    Tomorrow I think I'm gonna drive up to Orlando because my best friend is having a surprise birthday party. I haven't quite decided yet, I won't really know anybody besides him so I'm scared. I think I'm gonna go though.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    I hope your surgery went well and you recover quickly!!

My Friday is long haha I'm so ready to go home from work because we have a lot to do before tomorrow. Tomorrow we're finishing moving into the new apartment (we already have all the small stuff there so we just need to move the furniture) and then Sunday we're spending the day cleaning the townhouse to get ready to give the landlord back the keys next Friday . This apt is really tiny and we have a lot of stuff...this might be a really cramped 8 months but it will do.
    Thanks! I feel surprisingly good, but now I have to mentally prepare for the port placement so I'm a little

Moving weekend sucks, but I you can do it! I hope you like your new place well enough even if it's small.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Hope your nose feels better soon!!!

Tonight DH and I are going out for bibimbap. It's one of my favorite foods so I'm super happy.
    Tomorrow we're going for a bike ride, we both just got bikes recently and haven't been out together yet. There's a neat trail with a really long (like 2/3 mile) biking bridge over a wetlands near our house so I think we might go there. Then tomorrow night we're taking some friends out to dinner. They just got engaged and it's very exciting so we're gonna party at a brewery
    Sunday DH has to work morning shift but we're going to see Suicide Squad in the evening.
    Thanks! Your weekend sounds awesome! (Aside from DH working Sunday). I hope it's all as fabulous as it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tomorrow I think I'm gonna drive up to Orlando because my best friend is having a surprise birthday party. I haven't quite decided yet, I won't really know anybody besides him so I'm scared. I think I'm gonna go though.
    Oh, do it! It's very brave of you to consider. I'd be all like "internet on the couch?" But, don't be like me
  6. Senior Member
    I love happy mail! I love that you called it that too. I hope you continue to feel better! I am going out with my brother and his friends tonight-should be a good time but they are all six years younger than me so sometimes I turn into "mom." Hopefully not tonight! Then I hope to do chores that I've been putting off this weekend. Boring, but checking off the lists!!
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    I love happy mail! I love that you called it that too. I hope you continue to feel better! I am going out with my brother and his friends tonight-should be a good time but they are all six years younger than me so sometimes I turn into "mom." Hopefully not tonight! Then I hope to do chores that I've been putting off this weekend. Boring, but checking off the lists!!
    Thanks! That sounds fun tonight! I hope you can have a good time and not be too much in mom mode (of course while staying safe ). I went into a chore/nesting phase last weekend prepping for these surgeries and it has been really nice having a mostly clean house and freezer meals every night...so sometimes chores are the best thing to do!
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Thanks! Your weekend sounds awesome! (Aside from DH working Sunday). I hope it's all as fabulous as it sounds
    Thanks, I suspect it will be awesome
    Plus it's like 80 and windy here, which is my favorite summer weather.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Moderator

Tonight is our town's huge high school football game, that the Marine Corps sponsors, so it's a big deal since DH is a recruiter. There are two high schools in town and they play each other. It's a huge event.

Then tomorrow, I'm driving up to South Carolina to pick up my son's best friend. Long story short, we were granted custody of him after a long legal situation. We are super excited, but I'll need a lot of good vibes raising two 16 year old boys.
  10. Senior Member
    You can talk to me if you're bored

We are having a big city festival so we're going there tomorrow, listen to some concerts and watching dance stuff, have yummy food and so on. Should be fun. On Sunday, there will be fireworks

And well, get some work done at some point...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast