Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate??

1. Senior Member

What sound do you hate??

Advertisements
    I know a lot of people hate nails on a chalkboard, but do you hate any weird sounds?

I cannot deal with fabric sounds. I was putting the cover back on the grill tonight (after making some sweet turkey burgers mmm) and I almost had to give in. The sound of that thick fabric rubbing on itself I also hate if I accidentally drag my nail on my sheet. I have such chills typing this!!
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    People chewing with their mouth open and smacking their lips. It grosses me out so bad. Any type of high pitched noise, like a microwave beep, bothers me.

3. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    People chewing with their mouth open and smacking their lips. It grosses me out so bad. Any type of high pitched noise, like a microwave beep, bothers me.
    OMG this. And the sound of someone talking with their mouth full of food.

I've recently become aware of this thing called "ASMR mukbang" where people record themselves whispering, slurping, and smacking on an unreasonably large meal and post it on Youtube. Literally the stuff nightmares are made of.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

All of them

No but really, I think I have misophonia. I hate loud talking/shouting, beeping, alarm clocks, vehicle back up noises, my dad chewing bananas. I just get very agitated by sound.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    All of them

No but really, I think I have misophonia. I hate loud talking/shouting, beeping, alarm clocks, vehicle back up noises, my dad chewing bananas. I just get very agitated by sound.
    I am in the same boat! I have misophonia, I literally hate every sound! Any tapping, screeching, chewing, crinkling, slurping, clicking noise makes me so angry. Also loud tv's drive me up a wall! That is the number one reason I love taking online classes, the people in the class room literally drive me insane with all the noises and shainking legs/feet I cannotttt stay focused.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. Senior Member
    That thumping sound that comes through the walls when people play their music too loud. It drives me bonkers

7. Senior Member
    When you're on the phone with someone and their tv/music/whatever is coming through really loud. People don't realize the phone picks that shit up and amplifies it x10000.
  8. Regular Member
    I hate alarm sounds when they are not waking me up, static, too many sounds at once and the sound of styrofoam scraping together. Gross.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Fans, children screaming, people's voices on the phone, voicemails, Clinton's voice when giving dpeeches, Trump speaking, any time, loud televisions, air conditioner fans in cars.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    People blowing their noses. Fucking. Gross. Also, when people scrape their teeth on silverware. Gives me goosebumps!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast