Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Pet Peeves

1. Regular Member

Bang Head Military Pet Peeves

Advertisements
    I know this is weird, but it drives me absolutely crazy when people say Airforce & not Air Force. I know it shouldn't bother me...but it does haha. I also hate it when people group all military together as soldiers.

Anyone else have any military related pet peeves? Please tell me I'm not the only one haha
  2. Senior Member
    Last week I was reading a story about a Navy aircraft that went down, and they referred to the aviators as "airmen". I can't say it's a pet peeve, but you'd think that journalists would be a bit better about accuracy.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The only one that ever got to me was calling every military member a solider.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I honestly don't like that the bases have different names like base vs post or px/bx etc....because I just like the one I learned and then I feel petty for being bothered by the other ones
  5. Regular Member
    One person fucked up? EVERYONE'S GETTING PUNISHED. Say goodbye to your weekend!
  6. Senior Member
    Watch my husband's reaction when he gets called a soldier ... LOL ... I love it .. especially in public with a stranger. He tries so hard to be polite but I can tell from his facial expression he is imploding ..... I laugh my ass off.

My biggest pet peeve ... Homecoming ceremonies and the commander holds everyone while he makes a long winded speech to make himself feel good and important. Good lord! Doesn't he realize no one cares or is listening.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Spouses who speak like THEY are in the military, such as a sailors wife calling a bathroom a head.
    I am fine with inaccuracies, like "our orders," but don't say "I got orders to go to..."

Also, read my siggy. Though that's not really a peeve, its more eye roll and laugh to myself. at them.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    Ohhhh another one .... reserved parking at the commissary. Come on .... I have never seen a Colonel drive up and park in one of those spaces.
  9. Senior Member
    I think the only one that bothers me is calling midshipman middies...no they are midshipman or mids. Other than that i let it go.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Ohhhh another one .... reserved parking at the commissary. Come on .... I have never seen a Colonel drive up and park in one of those spaces.
    I guess I am a bad person....at our base we have a reserved parking spot for "Volunteers only" I literally have a piece of paper with the emblem of the NMCRS and i put it on my dash to cover my butt and Oh yes I use that parking spot.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast