Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Really?

1. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Really?

Advertisements
    So I open my email this afternoon, to find this email in my junk mail folder:

Greetings, I know you will be surprised to read my email. Apart from being surprise you may be skeptical to reply me because based on what is happening on the internet world, one has to be very careful because a lot of scammers are out there to scam innocent citizens and this has made it very difficult for people to believe anything that comes through the internet. My name is Capt. Rivera. I was a member of the US ARMY medical team deployed to Iraq and i was later trnsffered Am looking for a trust worthy individual who will assist me to receive some funds in his country before l will come over and join the person.Those boxes containing the funds have just arrived the USA With hope that the agent will locate your present place and make the delivery down to you. As soon as i received email i will send more details. Best Regards Capt. Rivera
    Okay, first of all, my dh doesn't have the best spelling skills by any means, but he at least knows the proper punctuation. Secondly, if you're a captain in the US Army, shouldn't you know how to type? Just sayin.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

The way they wrote it out sounds like English is a second language for them, and if I had to guess I'd say they were African. I could be wrong but I know enough Swahili and have enough Swahili first language, English second language friends on my social media who write in a very similar way (but obviously there a tons of languages in Africa, so I could be way off base).
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I was just like "I'm the wrong person to send that to."

How are you feeling? I was just reading your thread on your doctor drama. I hope you can see someone who will actually listen to you.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    I was just like "I'm the wrong person to send that to."

How are you feeling? I was just reading your thread on your doctor drama. I hope you can see someone who will actually listen to you.
    yea it is funny when they send it to military or their spouses who know better.

I feel pretty rough to be honest, but I'm going to survive!
  5. Senior Member
    I get that kind of crap all the time.