Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Letter Writing Help

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Letter Writing Help

Advertisements
    Hello! I have a question. My DH sent a post card with his address on it from Lackland and I got it today. For the past 3 days I've been mailing it to the address he gave on the phone, which was a different unit number and his ending zip is actually 6407 instead of 6408. Will the letters still get to him?
  2. Senior Member
    Yes, they will get to him. You really need to chill.
  3. Senior Member
    You seem really, really stressed. I don't know what coping mechanisms work best for you, but whatever they are, it's time to tap into them. It seems like you are being consumed by your DH's training. Hang with a friend, take a bubble bath, do an intense workout, engage in some quiet meditation--whatever works for you. This life is long and stressful and full of uncertainty. Use this time to practice the skills you are going to need, and that means learning to take a deep breath and step back. It will all work out. No matter what. At this point, you can't change the writing on those envelopes. It can't be changed, so there's no use in stressing about it. Address future letters to the new address, if you think it's more accurate, and mention the issue in your next letter. Then move on mentally.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I agree 100% with villanelle, you've really gotta relax. You seem so tense about every element of your husband being at basic training. He's ok. The letters are fine. They'll make it and if it was wrong maybe there will be a delay, but gov't employees can figure out process of elimination. Go with the flow.
  5. Senior Member
    While she shouldn't be stressing like this it is completely understandable that she is. Posting here is probably helping her stress less, at least I hope.

I'm almost certain he's getting your letters. DF had two different addresses, but both would get the letter to him.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    While she shouldn't be stressing like this it is completely understandable that she is. Posting here is probably helping her stress less, at least I hope.

I'm almost certain he's getting your letters. DF had two different addresses, but both would get the letter to him.
    It's understandable to be stressed. It's unhealthy to be obsessed about a zillion different details. Wondering whose name will be on the enevelope of letter with her ID information will be addressed to is over that line.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski