Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age differences

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Age differences

Advertisements
    I was out last night with a new-ish group of guy friends that are all ~15 years older than me (but can party like they're younger than me ) and though the main guy I was with and I would never date, people assumed we were. It got me thinking though. Have you ever dated someone a lot older/younger than you? Would you?

I dated a guy 6 years older than me when I was 19. It felt weird at the time because there were so many things I hadn't ever done in life and I was pretty reserved and he wasn't... but it was also my first serious relationship. Nowadays if I dated someone older than me I wouldn't really care my last boyfriend was actually 8 years older than me now that I think about it.
    Last edited by KittenMittens; 05-21-2016 at 02:18 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    I've always dated at least 2-3 years older. DH is nearly 5 years older than I am, but his brother is dating a girl who is 9 years younger than he is. I think once you get older it doesn't matter much anymore.

3. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I've always dated at least 2-3 years older. DH is nearly 5 years older than I am, but his brother is dating a girl who is 9 years younger than he is. I think once you get older it doesn't matter much anymore.
    Totally agree with you that it matters less the more you age!
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My exH was 11 years older than me and that was an awful relationship but it would've been awful no matter how old he was. Other than that I"ve always dated same age or younger, not that like I wouldn't date older guys it just worked out that way. DH is a year younger than me and he loves to remind me of that lol.
  5. Senior Member
    I've never strayed from my own age my last boyfriend is the oldest guy I've dated and he's a whole 11 months older than me. Not sure why it's worked out that way, just a coincidence I guess.

I do have a problem with dating significantly out of your age range though. It matters less as the younger party gets older, but I will never not think its fucking creepy when a 30 year old is dating someone barely out of high school.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've never strayed from my own age my last boyfriend is the oldest guy I've dated and he's a whole 11 months older than me. Not sure why it's worked out that way, just a coincidence I guess.

I do have a problem with dating significantly out of your age range though. It matters less as the younger party gets older, but I will never not think its fucking creepy when a 30 year old is dating someone barely out of high school.
    jailbait is way too creepy for sure.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Most of my actual relationships end up with the guy being older and I think the biggest age gap was like 8 years. My most recent ex was 6 years older than me. I'm 31 now and the age range I currently look in for dating is 26-40. I wouldn't be opposed to someone younger than that given they are mature and have their shit together The guy I'm currently dating is 2 years younger than me. I definitely feel that the numbers tend to blend together the older you get.
    ~Becca~

8. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Most of my actual relationships end up with the guy being older and I think the biggest age gap was like 8 years. My most recent ex was 6 years older than me. I'm 31 now and the age range I currently look in for dating is 26-40. I wouldn't be opposed to someone younger than that given they are mature and have their shit together The guy I'm currently dating is 2 years younger than me. I definitely feel that the numbers tend to blend together the older you get.
    Dinosaurs are way older than you are, Becca. Huge age difference there.
  9. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Dinosaurs are way older than you are, Becca. Huge age difference there.
    LMAO STAAAAHP
    ~Becca~

10. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    LMAO STAAAAHP
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast