Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Habits or addictions you can't kick

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Habits or addictions you can't kick

Advertisements
    Does anyone have any habits/addictions/ticks that you have continuously failed to give up? How long have you been trying? Any success? Tips or tricks?

Mine is sugar. I'm seriously addicted to it. I can't even go a couple of days without some sort of candy or other sugar. I've been trying to get myself off it for 4ish years. Sometimes I'm better than others, but this week is a really bad week. I don't even want to tell you guys how much candy I've had this week.

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but just in case: BE MINDFUL OF TOS

I Eelizah
  2. Moderator

Yep, sugar.

I don't want to kick it entirely because I don't believe in vilifying food, but I definitely would be better off without it quite as often.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Yep, sugar.

I don't want to kick it entirely because I don't believe in vilifying food, but I definitely would be better off without it quite as often.
    Yeah, I think it's pretty much impossible for me to get it out of my diet completely. I'm trying to give up the candy specifically and then go from there.

I Eelizah
  4. Senior Member
    Coke, or well, the caffeine in it. I'd like to drink less but I so need the caffeine to function.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Ugh for me it's fatty foods. Cheese, butter, oils, cream, whatevs.

I also have a habit of laying down in bed at night before I actually get ready for bed and thus it's really really hard for me to want to get up and brush my teeth/wash my face, etc. I've asked DH to kick me out of bed when he knows I haven't done those things yet. But it's like, once I get tired, I need to sleep RIGHT NOW.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Sugar
  7. Regular Member
    Over-grooming my cuticles. It's an anxiety thing. Sometimes, I'll do really well and won't bite them for weeks and they heal and my nails/fingers look beautiful (I was genetically blessed in the hand department) but then something happens (in the latest instance, getting my partner's deployment homecoming window) and I'll start biting at my cuticles and boom, they're bloody, painful, and gross to look at. I've desperately tried for years to get a handle on it and I just can't. I remember being 7 and my mom putting Tabasco on my fingers to try to get me to stop. I've tried to bribe myself with manicures if I can go for a month without doing it - doesn't work. I've tried habit breaking apps, therapy, and sheer will-power and nothing! Helps!
  8. Senior Member
    Caffeine but I've never tried to give it up. I love it too much. It's how I do life.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Carbs, I don't want to completely get rid of carbs but pasta and breads are my weakness so I wish I could kick those two things or at least greatly minimize them.

10. Senior Member
    God damn chips and salsa. I've actually done pretty well cutting it out of my daily diet, but every so often I slip and it's a total relapse where I will literally eat an entire bag of chips and an entire jar of salsa in one sitting. And I hate doing it because it hurts my tongue and makes me bloated but I literally cannot help myself if it's in the house
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast