Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend plans?

1. Senior Member

Weekend plans?

Advertisements
    Anything fun going on?

My fun will be sitting on my butt and eating junk food. We've been unpacking nearly non-stop and buying stuff for the house so I intend to spend some time sitting still & not running around.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Senior Member
    Working all weekend so no fun here At least I can go shopping then! YAY!
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    OMG I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND

SO! Tomorrow morning, my friends are coming over and we're heading into Center City to hang out and do touristy stuff (one friend is visiting from CA). AND then Lauren (aka Kittenmittens) is in town so she will be meeting up with us!! Sooo do the Philly fun stuff all day and then heading back to my neighborhood for dinner. Was originally gonna be a few of us, but quickly spiraled into 10 people, so I made reservations at the brewpub down the street! Bunch of people are staying over my house tomorrow night because we're going to the Jersey shore for my other friend's wedding on Sunday! I got a Rent the Runway dress that just came today and it's SO FREAKING PERFECT OMG I'M SO EXCITED! So anyway, we leave here by like lunch time, it's like a 2 hour drive, and a bunch of us have a hotel room together so we're gonna hang for the afternoon, drink wine, eat snacks, get ready... wedding is at 5pm. This group of friends - we all met when we used to live in Hawaii, so there's a bunch of people that I haven't seen in several years that'll be there and I'm so freaking stoked to see everyone! So - wedding, reception, staying overnight... we all took off work on Monday so we'll spend the night and then there's a brunch the next day... we'll do that before heading back to Philly where I will most certainly die on my couch

I'm only a tiny bit excited, in case you couldn't tell
    ~Becca~

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    OMG I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND

SO! Tomorrow morning, my friends are coming over and we're heading into Center City to hang out and do touristy stuff (one friend is visiting from CA). AND then Lauren (aka Kittenmittens) is in town so she will be meeting up with us!! Sooo do the Philly fun stuff all day and then heading back to my neighborhood for dinner. Was originally gonna be a few of us, but quickly spiraled into 10 people, so I made reservations at the brewpub down the street! Bunch of people are staying over my house tomorrow night because we're going to the Jersey shore for my other friend's wedding on Sunday! I got a Rent the Runway dress that just came today and it's SO FREAKING PERFECT OMG I'M SO EXCITED! So anyway, we leave here by like lunch time, it's like a 2 hour drive, and a bunch of us have a hotel room together so we're gonna hang for the afternoon, drink wine, eat snacks, get ready... wedding is at 5pm. This group of friends - we all met when we used to live in Hawaii, so there's a bunch of people that I haven't seen in several years that'll be there and I'm so freaking stoked to see everyone! So - wedding, reception, staying overnight... we all took off work on Monday so we'll spend the night and then there's a brunch the next day... we'll do that before heading back to Philly where I will most certainly die on my couch

I'm only a tiny bit excited, in case you couldn't tell
    YAY that IS fantastic! Sounds like fun. Never seen the sights in Philly, only changed planes there. And congrats to your friend! WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Working all weekend so no fun here At least I can go shopping then! YAY!
    Yay for shopping! Anything in particular?
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    YAY that IS fantastic! Sounds like fun. Never seen the sights in Philly, only changed planes there. And congrats to your friend! WOOHOO!

Yay for shopping! Anything in particular?
    Nope, but I need some new summer outfits and I'm desperately in need of a new swim suit. Kids will be out of school soon and I'm sure we will be hanging at the pool quite a bit.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hiking with DH and the puppy and working on getting the garden planted. Also, I'd love to find my bridesmaid dress I need for my friend's wedding in June. She told me to pick whatever I like in black and there are so many options I can't seem to pick I've never had freedom like that before lol
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Hiking with DH and the puppy and working on getting the garden planted. Also, I'd love to find my bridesmaid dress I need for my friend's wedding in June. She told me to pick whatever I like in black and there are so many options I can't seem to pick I've never had freedom like that before lol
    I wish I had a garden! I would love to grown my own veggies (esp. tomatoes) but I'm cursed with a black thumb.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    I wish I had a garden! I would love to grown my own veggies (esp. tomatoes) but I'm cursed with a black thumb.
    Aww haha well I have faith in you and your cursed thumb! Last year everything was coming along beautifully and then some deer ate EVERYTHING. I mean all of it. Such a bummer. This year I will be ready!!
  9. Senior Member
    Tomorrow I'm going to look at a house with a family friend. She's considering buying but wants other opinions.
    Sunday it's church and that's it. So far it's a pretty laid back weekend.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Aww haha well I have faith in you and your cursed thumb! Last year everything was coming along beautifully and then some deer ate EVERYTHING. I mean all of it. Such a bummer. This year I will be ready!!
    Dang deer!
    DH keeps telling me to try one of those Topsy turvy hanging tomato things. That might work. We have a back yard w/ porch. He will have to deal with those horned tomato worm gross critters! lol
    I'd love to try some flowers too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast