Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the parents

1. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!

Meet the parents

Advertisements
    We were having a work discussion the other day about how our SO's met our parents for the first time. My DB met my parents at my cousins funeral after we had been together for about 9 months. So not only did he meet my parents, but a lot of my extended family too. I met his parents about a month before that at his cousins wedding and we actually ran into his sister in law on our first date (not planned at all). How did your family meet your SO? Was it planned or did it just kinda happen? Any really good stories?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

my parents met him when they came to town for my dad to Marine Corps Marathon and he came for dinner and hung out. I med his sister for dinner one night when she was in DC and the rest of his family I met on Thanksgiving when I went home with him
  3. Senior Member
    DH actually met my dad and step mom when I was dating an ex. He was friends with my ex and we would all hang out together. A month after we started dating was my sweet 16 so he met my mom and extended family then
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DH met my family two days before our wedding. It was planned ... we were flying back to America to get married and they met us at the airport. We had a great time and everytime I go through that airport I think about our first meal together!
  5. Senior Member
    I met my inlaws nearly a year after being with DH. It took years before DH met mine.
  6. Senior Member
    Well I live with my grandparents so they met him a lot sooner than they would have under other circumstances. He met them Superbowl Sunday, like two weeks or so after we met because he came to watch the game with me while I did homework. Also, he really wanted to meet them haha. He met the rest of my family on Valentine's day like a week later because we had gone to brunch, and that's my grandma's birthday so my whole family came over to have cake etc. I haven't met his family yet because they aren't local, but he's planning on visiting them after this summer so I might tag along. If not, they'll more than likely come down here around the holidays.
  7. Senior Member
    I met DH's parents a month and three weeks after I met DH. He invited me to go camping with his family in another state. He didn't meet my parents for a while. I lived with my parents at the time and he picked me up before a date and he met my parents. I think we were already dating for like 3 or 4 months already.
  8. Senior Member
    DF had already met my dad through work before we started dating and met my mother and sisters when we all met up at the county fair. That was the day that two of my sisters decided they didn't like him.
    One day when we were heading back to town from fishing, he asked if I wanted to meet his mom, so we swung by his house and I met the family. It was a little awkward haha
  9. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

It was planned both ways. I met his mother when she came to town for a long weekend. Then I met most of the rest of his family over Christmas. DB has met my parents when they came to town last month. All of that went swimmingly!
  10. Senior Member
    Df met my sister the same night as me! , he met my mom on our first date(he picked me up at her house), then he met my bro about 2 weeks later. I met his mom quick at JFK airport during her layover (2 months into us dating) and I met the rest of his family about a year later when we went to Arkansas for his niece's graduation.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast