Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: not a good night at all.....

1. Regular Member

not a good night at all.....

Advertisements
    I'm getting so upset right now , I'm missing me SIT so bad !
    All I want to do is cry but I cant because I know he wouldn't want me to,he keeps telling me I have to be strong.
    Well how can I be strong when I know you over there getting yelled and at night time your in pain from all of the hard work.
    Knowing that when your laying in bed at night your alone thinking about whats going on at home.
    I know he is doing it for a great thing but i just miss him so much.
    I'm sorry for all my ranting post but you guys are the only ones that understand what I'm going to thru.
    I try and talk to my friends about it but most of them don't want to hear about it .
    Also at the same time I feel you guys don't want to hear about it either.
    I need my SIT by my side right now , I just cant wait until may when I can go up and see him for family day !
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynseytaylor View Post
    I'm getting so upset right now , I'm missing me SIT so bad !
    All I want to do is cry but I cant because I know he wouldn't want me to,he keeps telling me I have to be strong.
    Well how can I be strong when I know you over there getting yelled and at night time your in pain from all of the hard work.
    Knowing that when your laying in bed at night your alone thinking about whats going on at home.
    I know he is doing it for a great thing but i just miss him so much.
    I'm sorry for all my ranting post but you guys are the only ones that understand what I'm going to thru.
    I try and talk to my friends about it but most of them don't want to hear about it .
    Also at the same time I feel you guys don't want to hear about it either.
    I need my SIT by my side right now , I just cant wait until may when I can go up and see him for family day !
    I have so many of those days. I always feel rather helpless when I'm missing him. Especially when I feel like I can't help him with what he is going through miles away. My philosophy is you just have to think about how amazing it will be to see each other again and have that be your driving force to get through the day without crying your eyes out. I know that this is way easier said than done but youre right he wouldn't want you to be so upset. Stay strong for him, support him and he will do the same for you. Besides, not too much longer until you get to see him. I'm sure time will end up flying by! I hope this helped. Feel better!
  3. Regular Member
    Thank you it did , before he left we would lay in bed together and I would just cry. I would say to him please don't go and he would say this will only make us stronger. Honestly it did , I'm not taking our love for granted. Ill always have those nights even days where I get upset but I just have to keep thinking this wont last forever and we will be together soon!
  4. Senior Member
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. Senior Member
    Remember that you are only human and it's ok to miss him and cry. When my DH left for basic I would have to step away from what I was doing whether I was at work or at home or even with friends. I would step away and give myself a few minutes then pick myself back up and get to what needed to be done. Have a melt down, just don't unpack and live there. Remember that he doesn't want you to be upset. He wants you to do things and enjoy your time. It's difficult but you can get through it!
  6. Regular Member
    thank you ! yeah I defiantly need to stop what I'm doing to take a moment ! When he first left I thought I was going to be depressed. I have doing great, just once in awhile I have meltdowns
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynseytaylor View Post
    thank you ! yeah I defiantly need to stop what I'm doing to take a moment ! When he first left I thought I was going to be depressed. I have doing great, just once in awhile I have meltdowns
    I thought the same when my husband left. But I handled it much better then I thought. I had my moments, but that's completely normal. If you get overwhelmed just step away for a few minutes.