Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Twiddling my thumbs

  1. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #1

    Twiddling my thumbs

    Advertisements
    Anyone else feel like time is dragging? I just make phone call after phone call at work so I'm sure it's just that I'm bored. Anything you do at work to help pass the time when you're bored and have nothing to do?

    My iced tea spilled all over the inside of my lunch bag on the way in so I had fun cleaning that up

    On the bright side, it's almost the weekend! And I leave in a few days to see DH, so I'm over the moon about that

    Oh, and I just figured out how to change the post count per page in threads, so I marveled at that

    Hope you all are doing well!
  2. Senior Member
    Curious_Nicole's Avatar
    Curious_Nicole is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,189
    #2
    The weekend is not the bright side for me I work. But I'm happy for you
  3. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #3
    If you want a total time suck, go browse Reddit

    Did you end up booking flights to see your DH or are you driving?

    I'm just eating lunch at my desk right now and then I'll go on my daily lunchtime walk around the city! It's so nice out today so it should be a nice walk! I did also just find out that my boss is hiring one of my referrals so that means I get a bonus for that SO glad tomorrow is Friday! Nothing super exciting this weekend but I'll probably go check out some new neighborhood trails and whatnot
    ~Becca~


  4. Senior Member
    Curious_Nicole's Avatar
    Curious_Nicole is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,189
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    If you want a total time suck, go browse Reddit

    Did you end up booking flights to see your DH or are you driving?

    I'm just eating lunch at my desk right now and then I'll go on my daily lunchtime walk around the city! It's so nice out today so it should be a nice walk! I did also just find out that my boss is hiring one of my referrals so that means I get a bonus for that SO glad tomorrow is Friday! Nothing super exciting this weekend but I'll probably go check out some new neighborhood trails and whatnot
    OMG ... Reddit ... you can get lost for hours.
  5. Senior Member
    caljmw649's Avatar
    caljmw649 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Together in North Carolina!
    Posts
    1,582
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    The weekend is not the bright side for me I work. But I'm happy for you
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    If you want a total time suck, go browse Reddit

    Did you end up booking flights to see your DH or are you driving?

    I'm just eating lunch at my desk right now and then I'll go on my daily lunchtime walk around the city! It's so nice out today so it should be a nice walk! I did also just find out that my boss is hiring one of my referrals so that means I get a bonus for that SO glad tomorrow is Friday! Nothing super exciting this weekend but I'll probably go check out some new neighborhood trails and whatnot
    Unfortunately Reddit is blocked on the work computers, a bunch of stuff is But I am driving there and flying home. He wants to drive to his duty station and I'm driving down with his grandfather so it won't be so bad. It is a beautiful day! I will definitely be sitting outside by the river listening to the birds chirp on my lunch. And bonus' are awesome!
  6. Wine-o
    brahette's Avatar
    brahette is offline
    Wine-o
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    2,792
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    Thank you!



    Unfortunately Reddit is blocked on the work computers, a bunch of stuff is But I am driving there and flying home. He wants to drive to his duty station and I'm driving down with his grandfather so it won't be so bad. It is a beautiful day! I will definitely be sitting outside by the river listening to the birds chirp on my lunch. And bonus' are awesome!
    Ahh bummer it's blocked!! Sounds like that will be a fun trip! I'm planning on doing that this summer - flying to meet a friend in New Orleans and then road tripping back to Philly OMG it was windy as all hell outside! And when you're walking around the city with all the high rises, the wind gets sucked in and it's a giant freaking wind tunnel... good times
    ~Becca~


  7. Senior Member
    Curious_Nicole's Avatar
    Curious_Nicole is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,189
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Ahh bummer it's blocked!! Sounds like that will be a fun trip! I'm planning on doing that this summer - flying to meet a friend in New Orleans and then road tripping back to Philly OMG it was windy as all hell outside! And when you're walking around the city with all the high rises, the wind gets sucked in and it's a giant freaking wind tunnel... good times
    Went for a run this morning and it was pouring and windy here as well .... I looked like a drowned rat!
  8. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,360

    #8
    I'm so excited for you getting to see your dh! Pouring here at the moment, even with my umbrella, I feel like I should have worn waders. I took my shower before heading out and got to the library and I'm wet again. Oh well. . . I'm pretty sure dh is working this weekend so it'll just be the kids and myself once again. I guess I could check out more movies from the library. Maybe a few books. . .I dunno.

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Love7's Avatar
    Love7 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,618

    #9
    Glad you get to see your DH so soon!! I have a shit ton of work to do, but I'm totally spaced out and probably will put it off till tomorrow I usually just scroll thru insta, FB, snapchat, and perezhilton when I'm wasting time.
  10. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #10
    If you want a neat website that probably isn't blocked by your work, try this browser game: A Dark Room

    It's just text based so you don't have to worry about weird images on your screen or anything
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •