Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storms...

1. Regular Member

Storms...

Advertisements
    Does anyone else get kind of freaked out when it storms really bad?? The one at my house right now is no joke!! My poor dog is under the bed and I'm contemplating joining him!! Louisiana can't catch a break! (Yes, I live in the area that flooded really bad, but luckily my house sits higher up!)

Please tell me I'm not the only baby on here when it comes to bad weather...haha
  2. Moderator

I love storms so much, but there were a couple this winter where the wind got a bit disconcerting. My youngest kid used to hide under tables when it thundered, like a puppy, it was really cute and pathetic. I had to teach him to cheer for the thunder, but it worked. Stay safe!
  3. Regular Member
    oh goodness!! My tooshie is not moving from this spot so I plan on staying safe!
  4. Senior Member
    I used to love storms, ever since Sandy I worry about big storms.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't mind thunderstorms; but, when there is a tornado warning, I do get pretty worked up over that.

Otherwise, we just keep emergency stuff in the house...just in case.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meggers19 View Post
    Does anyone else get kind of freaked out when it storms really bad?? The one at my house right now is no joke!! My poor dog is under the bed and I'm contemplating joining him!! Louisiana can't catch a break! (Yes, I live in the area that flooded really bad, but luckily my house sits higher up!)

Please tell me I'm not the only baby on here when it comes to bad weather...haha
    I do! I'm originally from California and the weather there is definitely not stormy (although the news reporters would say otherwise when water starts falling from the sky). I remember last year when I was working at a child care center and it started raining and thundering and lightning was happening. I got so scared. None of the kids were scared, just me. The older kids made fun of me for weeks! I like the rain when it's just rain. But anything other than that I just can't deal with!
  7. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I haaaaaaate them!! I grew up in Oklahoma and they still scare me to death.

8. Senior Member
    I'm not a fan of extreme weather . I grew up in TX where we got tornados and floods. And between our current and previous bases I've experienced a hurricane and a blizzard. I'm pretty nervous and on edge when serious storms are happening.

9. Senior Member
    Its one of the reasons why I miss Florida. Heavy rain between 1 and 3 p.m. for about 10 to 30 minutes, bright sunshine and a clean ass looking car right afterwards.

Plus theyre amazing to look at, I liked seeing waves of water going down towards the sewer grates.
  10. Senior Member
    Hate them hate them hate them. Seriously the biggest baby during thunderstorms. Thing I hate the most is waking up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding because of a huge crack of thunder. Thankfully, living in the basement means I don't hear it that much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast