Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any ghostly encounters?

1. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Neener Anyone have any ghostly encounters?

Advertisements
    Been a while since we've had a ghostly thread, so I'll start.

In the house I grew up in, we had a window a/c unit that turned itself on while it was sitting on the ground (not floor, dirt ground) without a power source that turned itself on.

In the house we lived in after that, we saw balls of light float through the rooms, not really bothering anything or anyone, they just floated through the house. It also sounded like boots were pounding on the floor in a rhythm, the stereo would play cd's that weren't in the player and there was no power to the stereo, my mom was in the upstairs bathroom cleaning and came into the kitchen and all the cabinet doors were open. She closed them all and went back to finish cleaning the bathroom and went back into the kitchen and all the doors were open again. She said out loud that it wasn't funny so stop it. They didn't open themselves after that, lol.

My step dad heard voices in that house and thought we were home (I think we were at my grandparents house) and started up the steps and no one was in the house. We used to have cats that would freak out for no reason whatsoever.

How about you? Any creepy crawlies bugging you?

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The old general store I worked in, that was really reallllly old had a ghost, we called her Rachel. She would open the attic door. My bosses were a husband and wife, and when they first moved in, the wife would get so mad that her husband was leaving the attic door open, he'd say over and over i wasn't even in the attic, then one day she watched the latch move and the door open. When I would work at night by myself and the store was empty, I'd hear voices in the dining room, thinking I missed someone walking in, I'd go check and no one was there. They never bothered us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  3. Senior Member
    My husband and I, with another couple, were driving home one night about midnight. There was not any ice or snow on the road and our car went into a spin.

As we spun around the second time (yes ... two 360's) everyone in the car saw a man in John Lennon glasses and a Army coat on the side of the road. My husband said he thought we were going to hit him. Fortunately we got stopped safely and we looked back and there was no sign of him. Not sure if it was a ghost but my mother swears it was our guardian angel.
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I remember when I was about 10 years old, I was lying in bed in the middle of the night, and I heard what sounded like party noises coming from the kitchen. My step dad had his buddies over for poker nights fairly regularly, so I just thought "Oh, they're having another poker party." and rolled over. After about 10 minutes of loud, obnoxious noises, I finally got up to go tell them that my sisters and I needed sleep! I went into the dining room and no one was up. Both my parents were asleep in the bed, my sisters were sleeping in theirs, I was the only one up. The noises stopped after I got up, lol.

5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    My husband and I, with another couple, were driving home one night about midnight. There was not any ice or snow on the road and our car went into a spin.

As we spun around the second time (yes ... two 360's) everyone in the car saw a man in John Lennon glasses and a Army coat on the side of the road. My husband said he thought we were going to hit him. Fortunately we got stopped safely and we looked back and there was no sign of him. Not sure if it was a ghost but my mother swears it was our guardian angel.
    That's awesome! My guardian angel never shows up. I know they're there, probably with epic face palm expressions most of the time, but there nonetheless.

6. Senior Member
    The pet store I worked in had a ghost. Never bothered anyone. I remember helping a customer load her car with a co-workers help and no one else was in the store. When I was walking back to the store door to go inside I saw a dark figure walk across the back of the store. Things would fall off shelves. Nothing more then that.

When I was little I remember waking up one night and seeing an old man's head right in front of my face like he was leaning down watching me. Blinked and he was gone.
  7. Senior Member
    I have several to share. I'll start off with the one that scares me the most though it probably is the least scary one to hear. It still scares me every time I remember it. There is an old road in the town I live in that was the first roads into town. It was used by covered wagons on the Oregon Trail. There is a tree at the bottom of the hill where,a according to legend, a native American man was hanged to death. If you put your car in neutral by the tree it will roll UP the hill. It really works, but that is not the scary part to me. The road is pretty isolated and quiet, surrounded by trees were ranchers let their cattle roam so you occasionally see large things staring out at you from behind bushes. Well we were driving along and my sister kept turning the headlights off to scare me. It was pitch black each time she did and I was freaking out. Once when she turned them back on I saw a large white shape leap over a bush on the side of the road. I froze but didn't say anything thinking it was just my eyes, but then I noticed that she had stopped talking and laughing and we were both absolutely silent. I asked if she had seen that and she said yes. We tried to discuss what it could have been. A cow could not have jumped that high, the bush was at LEAST five feet tall. The way it moved made me think of a bird, but it was the size and shape of a smaller person (petite, maybe 5'5") if they had large and extended arms. Again makes me think of a bird, but that is too big for even an eagle. Really bothers me to this day.

Next I will tell my most recent. My sister and her husband moved back home from Texas and lived with us while looking for a new place. My grandpa bought a house and decided to fix it up for them to rent. He had gotten it cheap after the elderly couple that lived there passed. My father was helping fix it up and hated it. He always finished the job as soon as possible so he could leave. He has never been much of a believer in the paranormal so I thought he was messing with me because of what had recently happened in that house. He was being serious and told me that he constantly felt someone staring at him from the corner of the room and sometimes he would see a shadowy figure walk past the doorway from out in the hall. After they moved in the first time I went to visit I didn't feel a thing. Just a normal house. The next time I went over my younger sister and I were staying the night with them. Everything was fine until I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water before bed. While I was standing at the sink. I felt an intense presence and the feeling of being watched. I did my best to remain cool, set the glass in the sink, and walked out calmly. I passed through a very cold spot when I walked out. I laid down on the couch, put it out of my mind and went to bed. I randomly woke up the night as if someone had awakened me. I thought it had been sister but she was still asleep. That's when I felt someone watching me. I looked around and no one was the but I felt calm and not threatened so I went back to sleep. The next morning my little sister said the same thing had happened to her about an hour and a half later. That morning I went into the only room I hadn't been in. It was just full if their boxes but my nephew wouldn't go in. As soon as I stepped in I got intense anxiety and quickly left. Later my brother in law said they used it as storage because it had a creepy feeling. The next time I went to stay the night (several months later) I was watching tv with my brother in law. From where I was sitting the hallway leading to the bathroom was directly to my right and the bathroom door was wide open. When I was looking straight ahead at the tv I saw a shadowy figure standing in the shower in my peripheral vision. I didn't feel scared but turned to see who was standing there (thought my sister was scrubbing it) and it was gone. I shrugged and went back to watching tv only for it to return within minutes. They have since moved out and though my sister had always acted calm she told me after moving that she had seen things on a regular basis and that during their last week there she saw figures at least 5 times a day. I have more but this post is getting long. Let me know if you want more.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't really believe in ghost, I believe in angels/spirits, but yes! I'm a civil war reenactor and have spent countless nights on the battlefield. I've had quite a few creepy encounters.
    Cedar Creek Reenactment: It was about 2-3am and I had to pee sooooooo bad, but the bathroom was down the trail across the field from where we were camped. It was a full moon so I didn't need a flashlight, plus all the campfires lit the place up well. So I grabbed my shaw and headed for the bathroom. I was walking along minding my own business when I saw there was a man in a full cloak (1860s dressed) standing there beside of the trail. It sorta freaked me out so I tried to hurry up and pass him. When I did I looked up and there was no face. Just black were his face should've been. That freaked me out even more so I picked up my pace. When I looked back he was just gone. I also have a friend who claimed he saw green lights floating around that year.

I also use to volunteer for a battlefield as a historian in the house located on the battlefield. We were having a summer party out on the lawn and I wanted to go inside the house to get a drink. (The house had a refurbished kitchen for us volunteers, and the upstairs is where we would sleep and get ready.) So I went inside to get a drink and I heard the door to the upstairs unlatch. I thought it was my friend so I called out her name but no one answered. So I walked over and the door was open (it has a latch that has to be pulled to open). I went upstairs to see who it was, and there was no one up there. I still get weirded out thinking about that story. There are tons of stories we have about that house and battlefield.

Not too long ago I woke up one night at my parents house to someone whispering my name in my ear. It startled me but I went back to sleep. The next night I saw a white fog was standing at the end of my bed. It didn't scare me though, it actually made me feel peaceful, so I went right back to sleep. I've seen the "fog" one other time, since then. I believe in guardian angels so I believe that's what it was.

This also isn't "scary" but it kind of startled me. I have some ancestors that were Cherokee and my great grandmother very deeply believed in "signs". She passed away a few years ago. Last summer I was going through a particularly rough situation and I felt like there was no turn in sight. My mom and I were driving to her place (she lives in the woods) and a giant owl swooped down and stopped right in front of our car. He just sat there for about a minute staring at me then he flew off. I can still see his eyes. He was gorgeous. I did some research and apparently owls are considered the messengers of change. A week later I had some life changing news given to me. My parents have lived here for 30+ years and have never seen an owl up close like that. I thought it was pretty neat.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post
    I don't really believe in ghost, I believe in angels/spirits, but yes! I'm a civil war reenactor and have spent countless nights on the battlefield. I've had quite a few creepy encounters.
    Cedar Creek Reenactment: It was about 2-3am and I had to pee sooooooo bad, but the bathroom was down the trail across the field from where we were camped. It was a full moon so I didn't need a flashlight, plus all the campfires lit the place up well. So I grabbed my shaw and headed for the bathroom. I was walking along minding my own business when I saw there was a man in a full cloak (1860s dressed) standing there beside of the trail. It sorta freaked me out so I tried to hurry up and pass him. When I did I looked up and there was no face. Just black were his face should've been. That freaked me out even more so I picked up my pace. When I looked back he was just gone. I also have a friend who claimed he saw green lights floating around that year.

I also use to volunteer for a battlefield as a historian in the house located on the battlefield. We were having a summer party out on the lawn and I wanted to go inside the house to get a drink. (The house had a refurbished kitchen for us volunteers, and the upstairs is where we would sleep and get ready.) So I went inside to get a drink and I heard the door to the upstairs unlatch. I thought it was my friend so I called out her name but no one answered. So I walked over and the door was open (it has a latch that has to be pulled to open). I went upstairs to see who it was, and there was no one up there. I still get weirded out thinking about that story. There are tons of stories we have about that house and battlefield.

Not too long ago I woke up one night at my parents house to someone whispering my name in my ear. It startled me but I went back to sleep. The next night I saw a white fog was standing at the end of my bed. It didn't scare me though, it actually made me feel peaceful, so I went right back to sleep. I've seen the "fog" one other time, since then. I believe in guardian angels so I believe that's what it was.

This also isn't "scary" but it kind of startled me. I have some ancestors that were Cherokee and my great grandmother very deeply believed in "signs". She passed away a few years ago. Last summer I was going through a particularly rough situation and I felt like there was no turn in sight. My mom and I were driving to her place (she lives in the woods) and a giant owl swooped down and stopped right in front of our car. He just sat there for about a minute staring at me then he flew off. I can still see his eyes. He was gorgeous. I did some research and apparently owls are considered the messengers of change. A week later I had some life changing news given to me. My parents have lived here for 30+ years and have never seen an owl up close like that. I thought it was pretty neat.
    Ok ... the owl story just sent chills down my spine!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Ok ... the owl story just sent chills down my spine!
    It did me too!! My mom and I just sat there staring at each other after he flew off. I think his eyes will forever be in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast