Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your Hobbies?

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

What are your Hobbies?

Advertisements
    So I've decided I need to come up with some sort of new hobby to take up my time I previously volunteered a lot of my time and fostered dogs through a rescue I was with for 3 years, but stop doing that last fall. Since then, I took a professional certification course and got my certification right before New Year's. Now that spring and summer are approaching, I'm feeling antsy that I don't have something to devote my time to so I'm trying to explore some sort of new hobby to get into. I'm going to look at various volunteering opportunities and also browse Meetup and any class type things there are to perhaps pick up something new.

In any case, what are some of your hobbies? Do you have one that you enjoy doing more than others? Something easy to get into or pick up?
    ~Becca~

2. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

I have loads of them! I play piano, write, paint, play video games, do pole fitness and other aerial arts, sing, and go tasting craft beers.

Painting/art is usually pretty easy to get into. I took one of those "wine and painting" classes that are so popular on Groupon and instantly fell in love with it. I bought my own supplies at art stores and kept going. Actual art classes seem to be REALLY expensive though -- like $200-400+ for 8-14 weeks. Too much for my budget, anyway, so I've stuck to Youtube videos instead.

Exercise classes are pretty easy to get into, too! Try something off-the-wall -- rock climbing, ballroom dance, Zumba, pole, trapeze, etc. Something you think might interest you and inspire you to go back.

Piano and other music lessons are similarly easily accessible.

Hope that's at least somewhat helpful!
  3. Moderator

I direct/accompany a choir, and I read. A lot. I bake and occasionally I sew. Sewing is harder for me with tiny kids- I will probably do it more when they are bigger. Of all of them, I get the most joy from my choir, but it's the most work. Reading is the most relaxing.
  4. Senior Member
    I volunteer at a horse sanctuary. The horses are too old or have medical reasons on why they can't be adopted. I picked up my guitar again. Also have a keyboard that I've been trying to learn. I have been wanting to try aerial silk, so I've been looking into that. My dog keeps me busy too, he's always up for running around and fetching a ball. I have video games too, and really all I have are the interactive ones. I go to the gym everyday after work. But I need to get in shape so I wouldn't call that a hobby. Oh and reading, can't forget about a good book!
    Last edited by caljmw649; 03-23-2016 at 01:44 PM.
  5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I hike. Every weekend I am out on some trail with my husband and our dog, Tucker. I love to explore the area I live in, and the state I live in/states I live near and see what they have going on. Seasonal festivals, farm to table dinner nights, wine tasting events, local fairs etc..
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm creeping this thread... my issue is budget really, I don't want to spend as I rather put money towards trips and general savings. I really like hiking, but I don't have many people to go with
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Reading is a big one for me, I classify netflixing as a hobby cooking and getting into hiking.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I hike. Every weekend I am out on some trail with my husband and our dog, Tucker. I love to explore the area I live in, and the state I live in/states I live near and see what they have going on. Seasonal festivals, farm to table dinner nights, wine tasting events, local fairs etc..
    I can't wait to move somewhere I can hike. Florida just doesn't offer much, everything looks the same and it's all pretty ugly.

My only hobby is probably cooking but I don't even do that very often recently because its so annoying to cook at my grandparents house. Starting today though I'm gonna try to get in shape lol maybe that will be my new hobby. Who knows~
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Reading is a big one for me, I classify netflixing as a hobby cooking and getting into hiking.
    Thank you! Netflix is currently my #1 hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I can't wait to move somewhere I can hike. Florida just doesn't offer much, everything looks the same and it's all pretty ugly.

My only hobby is probably cooking but I don't even do that very often recently because its so annoying to cook at my grandparents house. Starting today though I'm gonna try to get in shape lol maybe that will be my new hobby. Who knows~
    I really want getting in shape to be my hobby, I'd love to like live in adorable workout clothes and cute sneakers
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    Thank you! Netflix is currently my #1 hobby!

I really want getting in shape to be my hobby, I'd love to like live in adorable workout clothes and cute sneakers
    Right? And imagine bragging about running marathons on Facebook. Lauren kinda turned me off of running though with the poop stories.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast