Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: concealed carry

1. Senior Member

concealed carry

Advertisements
    I had no idea where to put this so bored room it is. Anyone here concealed carry? already passed the shooting portion, and I already bought the gun I want to carry concealed, just waiting on the state to give me my license. My worry is about how I'm going to carry it, figured my best bet was to ask a bunch of women do you carry it on your hip or in your purse? if you carry on you what kind of holster do you use? I was thinking about in my purse, but that's not always on me, and the first thing a thief takes is a woman's purse...

so, anyone? DH is no help, he plans to carry his .45 in a typical hip holster, that's not really something I can do.

ETA: technically with Texas' new law starting tomorrow, it doesn't HAVE to be concealed, but I plan to keep it that way.

2. Senior Member
    I carry in my purse. I have a trigger guard that DH attached to the inside of my purse which makes it really easy for me to pull my gun out if I ever needed to.

I tried out a few of the holsters but I didn't like how they felt and I wear DD most of the time when we are out which makes it a little more difficult to conceal carry on my person.
  3. Senior Member
    I do.
    I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm with a laser attachment. I love it! I carry a pretty big purse so I usually carry it there, but I'm wanting to get a holster once we return to the states. Of course here in Okinawa we aren't allowed to have guns, so this all pertains to when I'm home.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I have been purse carrying, but I'm looking for a holster currently. I haven't found one that I like yet.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    I carry in my purse. I have a trigger guard that DH attached to the inside of my purse which makes it really easy for me to pull my gun out if I ever needed to.

I tried out a few of the holsters but I didn't like how they felt and I wear DD most of the time when we are out which makes it a little more difficult to conceal carry on my person.
    can you show me? like find a link about what you're talking about so I can see.

I don't have the baby problem yet but eventually I probably will. It just make me nervous to purse carry I guess.

6. Regular Member
    I don't know how comfortable this would be, but someone showed it to me a while back. You would probably have to wear a somewhat baggy shirt to keep it hidden.

FlashBang Holster
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm creeping this thread. I haven't purchased a gun to carry around yet though, because I'm not sure how I will carry it. In MA it has to be concealed. But, I'm not a big purse girl, especially when I go out at night, I just grab a wristlet so I'm not sure
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    can you show me? like find a link about what you're talking about so I can see.

I don't have the baby problem yet but eventually I probably will. It just make me nervous to purse carry I guess.
    When I get home I'll post a pic of how I have it set up
  9. Senior Member
    Creeping in this thread. Legitimately curious as to your guys' reason to carry around a gun. Is it just a safety thing? I grew up in a bubble and this is a foreign concept to me.
  10. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Creeping in this thread. Legitimately curious as to your guys' reason to carry around a gun. Is it just a safety thing? I grew up in a bubble and this is a foreign concept to me.

It's not a foreign concept but I don't get the purse thing. When your adrenaline is spiked in an emergent situation unless you have a shit ton of training your aim will be off, and you're gonna be fumbling for the gun. I don't understand the need to CC either, and I LIKE guns, I like shooting guns, I own them. I don't feel the need to leave the house with them.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast