Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best gift you've ever received?

1. Senior Member

What is the best gift you've ever received?

Advertisements
    With the holidays coming up, I have to ask (mainly to get ideas): what is the best gift you've ever received? I'm talking actual presents, as great as the gifts like family or happiness can be

I looooove my pyrex baking dishes with silicone lids. For me, it was so simple yet I use them nearly every day. It also has a carrying case with hot & cold pads. When the holiday season rolls around, I'm so thankful to have that $30 kitchen item that I never would have otherwise purchased.
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    DH's aunt crocheted us a queen-size blanket for our wedding. I freaking love it. It's so soft, I use it pretty much daily. It's our couch blanket now just because when we tried to use it in bed, we fought over who go it Incapable of sharing blankets while we sleep, unfortunately.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    DH's aunt crocheted us a queen-size blanket for our wedding. I freaking love it. It's so soft, I use it pretty much daily. It's our couch blanket now just because when we tried to use it in bed, we fought over who go it Incapable of sharing blankets while we sleep, unfortunately.
    I have a blanket kind of like that! Mine is all ratty but I just adore it too much let it retire. It's the perfect size and weight for me. Perfect blankets are hard to find.
  4. Senior Member
    DH got me the keurig 2.0 450 model for our anniversary, and without a doubt best gift I've ever gotten. I use it every day if not multiple times a day, for coffee, tea, hot chocolate... they even make cambells soup pods now, so I make soup with it to! I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    we are like that too! DH's mom sent me a soft blanket and for the longest time he'd steal it in the middle of the night until his mom finally just bought another one. Now we have two on the bed.
  5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Before Keurigs were a thing, hands down my best present was a Senseo coffee machine (same concept, takes pods instead of K-cups). My sister got that for me while I was in college and I used that thing every single day for over 10 years. It moved from Florida to Hawaii to New York to Pennsylvania. I finally got rid of it last year and now have a Keurig mainly because the pods were increasingly hard to find since the Keurigs got so popular
    ~Becca~

6. Moderator

My first piano was given to me completely out of the blue by my back-fence neighbour of 18 years right before DH and I did our first PCS. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing ever. It didn't mean a lot to him (it was his ex-wife's piano and he wanted it out of the house) but it meant the world to me that he thought of me when he was trying to figure out what to do with it.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Kitchenaid Stand mixer! I got it for Christmas last year from DH and LOOOOOOOOOVE it!

8. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    My first piano was given to me completely out of the blue by my back-fence neighbour of 18 years right before DH and I did our first PCS. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful thing ever. It didn't mean a lot to him (it was his ex-wife's piano and he wanted it out of the house) but it meant the world to me that he thought of me when he was trying to figure out what to do with it.
    Oh, another pianist! My parents bought me a Yamaha electric piano (Portable Grand DGX-630) for Christmas in 2009 and I play it all the time. I've moved it across the country with me, too. It's without a doubt one of my most prized possessions (until I can afford a real one, anyway!).
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My best gifts have always been plane tickets. This year my mom bought me one for Paris for next fall, and nothing is stopping me from going.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Kitchenaid Stand mixer! I got it for Christmas last year from DH and LOOOOOOOOOVE it!

THIS! My DB surprised me with a Kitchenaid mixer last Christmas as well as a Canon T5i camera! That was the best Christmas ever lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast