Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

China?

Advertisements
    This is random, but I'm curious, and DB isn't around to give me answers, so I figured I'd ask here.

Awhile ago I mentioned to DB I was interested in traveling to China at some point. His reaction was like "Uh, yea no, I cant go to China." My mom was present for the convo too and she was agreeing with him. He was saying he couldn't go because he's in the military.

So, is that a thing? I was all and I'm :sadface cause going to every Disney in the world was on my bucket list!! lol
  2. Senior Member
    There are places that can be restricted but I think it depends on the person and their command.

Alerts and Warnings

Those are the current travel warnings, I don't see china on there
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    This is random, but I'm curious, and DB isn't around to give me answers, so I figured I'd ask here.

Awhile ago I mentioned to DB I was interested in traveling to China at some point. His reaction was like "Uh, yea no, I cant go to China." My mom was present for the convo too and she was agreeing with him. He was saying he couldn't go because he's in the military.

So, is that a thing? I was all and I'm :sadface cause going to every Disney in the world was on my bucket list!! lol
    It could be based on security clearance...I know if i go overseas i have to tell my security office and they can say no to certain places if they feel its a security risk...
  4. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    When Gabe was in the military he was barred from traveling to China and a few other places, as was everyone he worked with.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks for the input! It does make sense, but when he first said that I was all like 'whaaaaa' being nave lol. But I know DB has a pretty high clearance, so it makes sense.
  6. Senior Member

Last I checked (as in last night) military can travel to china. In general but yeah when you travel to foreign country for pleasure, while military you have to let command know and they can veto it.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Last I checked (as in last night) military can travel to china. In general but yeah when you travel to foreign country for pleasure, while military you have to let command know and they can veto it.
    Yea, now remembering the convo we had, DB was saying it more specifically to himself and his job that he wouldn't go. Not because he was in the military in general.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Time for a girls trip to China
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Time for a girls trip to China
    Lol, YES!
  10. Senior Member
    Lol, YES!
    I'll go with you to Disneyland Hong Kong!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast