1 1.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you most comfortable living

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.

Where are you most comfortable living

Advertisements
    Do you prefer city settings or rural life?? Somewhere in between. We are so torn on where to buy a house at. Poll incoming so give me a minute.
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Suburbs, for sure. I like being near neighbors in case of emergency (like accidentally locking my kids, keys, and phone in the car in the driveway) but not on top of them like in a city setting. I also like feeling relatively safe playing outside and having a nice sized yard, but not multiple acres like in a more rural setting.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'd love to live in a big city.

I Eelizah
  4. Senior Member
    Big city. I just did two years of very small town living and I'm hating it. Can't wait to move.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm comfortable in the suburbs for now because DD needs friends close by to play with but when she's older (probably after she graduates from HS) we plan to move out to a rural area but I still want/need to be close to civilization

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm in the city now and I'm definitely ready to move out of it haha I prefer the suburbs...I still want the grocery store, target, etc to be close by but I also want a yard and a larger home so the suburbs it is for me. I couldn't live out in the country it just doesn't fit my personality I need to be able to go out and shop or eat without driving crazy far.
  7. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    We have done the suburbs and the rural living. Right now if it wasn't for the new neighborhood market we would be 15 minutes from anything. My dad lives right in the middle of his 6 acres and we cant see any other houses. they are there over the barb wire and through the trees though. And most are family. When we lived in the Seattle are our town was just an extension of Tacoma. So tons of people in a small space. They are churning out schools left and right to keep up with demand.

I cant do urban or inner urban. My anxiety is so bad. We have found houses where it is 45 minutes from Dallas to actually living within city limits. Both have their perks for sure. We homeschool so school aren't as important as having access to educational activities are. Also I am not a shopper so I don't go to the store often. Having stores near is not a factor. But like mentioned I have tween/teen aged girls who need interaction. Since they don't go to school every day they need someone to unwind with at the end of the day.
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    There wasn't an "other" option

I don't mind if it's the burbs or the city, I just want a walkable downtown area. I lived in a walkable village in the Syracuse area, but it would be considered the burbs. It had a huge park on the lake, restaurants, bars, shops, services, grocery store, post office, etc. In addition to state and county taxes, I also paid village taxes (we had our own government, police, etc). In Philly, my neighborhood is a City of Philadelphia neighborhood, but it's not in downtown Philadelphia (referred to as Center City). While it is definitely urban, it's more "small town urban" if that makes any sense. We have our main street that has all the restaurants, bars, shops, services, etc and it also sits along the river so there's walking paths, boardwalks, etc.

When I moved to Philly, I was looking for exactly the type of neighborhood I'm in now. I could never live in Center City, it's just too much plus super expensive and hard when you have 3 dogs. I don't plan on leaving my current neighborhood for at least a few more years. Not sure where I'll end up after that, but as long as I can walk to stuff, I'm a happy camper.
    ~Becca~

9. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    There wasn't an "other" option

I don't mind if it's the burbs or the city, I just want a walkable downtown area. I lived in a walkable village in the Syracuse area, but it would be considered the burbs. It had a huge park on the lake, restaurants, bars, shops, services, grocery store, post office, etc. In addition to state and county taxes, I also paid village taxes (we had our own government, police, etc). In Philly, my neighborhood is a City of Philadelphia neighborhood, but it's not in downtown Philadelphia (referred to as Center City). While it is definitely urban, it's more "small town urban" if that makes any sense. We have our main street that has all the restaurants, bars, shops, services, etc and it also sits along the river so there's walking paths, boardwalks, etc.

When I moved to Philly, I was looking for exactly the type of neighborhood I'm in now. I could never live in Center City, it's just too much plus super expensive and hard when you have 3 dogs. I don't plan on leaving my current neighborhood for at least a few more years. Not sure where I'll end up after that, but as long as I can walk to stuff, I'm a happy camper.
    oops LOL. I am one who pushes for the other button also on other polls. What you described sounds really neat. I like having access but not the people factor. We were looking at moving to NYC for culinary school at one time. That was very intimidating. Such a big city to narrow down a spot. And yes very expensive.
  10. Senior Member
    I like both city and suburbs. I loved living in a city when I was in college even though I didn't love the city that much when I was there (DC). BUT I also loved growing up in the suburbs and having a car (Which makes things like transporting large objects easier or getting places easier/quicker). I live in a small rural sleepy German village now where the towns are miles apart, and I just don't like it at all and would never choose to live somewhere similar to it again.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast