Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Your weird habits.

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I have anxious habits, too. I have to check everything multiple times before I leave the house - make sure there are no candles lit, the oven/stove is off, lights and AC/heat are off, that the kitties have water or food...it's bad. Usually a few times a week I'll be headed somewhere and I can't remember if I checked something and I have to go back home and see otherwise I'll worry. One time I was almost super late for a meeting because I got all the way to campus, couldn't remember if I blew out the candles, panicked and thought my kitties would die in a fire, and drove all the way back home to check. They were out.

I also pop my elbows a lot. And stick my tongue out when I'm thinking hard.
    I do this. Almost always the straightener though( but sometimes I worry my laptop charger will get too hot and start a fire), super paranoid I didn't turn it off. They are widening the highway near my house and they are burning some of the leftover tree branches...I almost had a panic attack driving home seeing the smoke near my house.

I have found verbally saying 'I am turning off my XX' helps me remember that I did it so I dont worry about it.

Other than that I wash my hands after almost every step in my morning routine. Moisturizer, wash hands, eye cream, wash hands, foundation ( which I put on with a brush) wash hands...so on and so forth.
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I talk to my dogs, or if they aren't around, myself. I don't really find it weird, it's essentially the same thoughts I have in my head but it allows me to practice different accents

Also, not really a habit that I can control but I recently filmed myself talking (like people on youtube do, just for my own entertainment) and I breathe way heavier than I thought and constantly clear my throat/lungs and do other weird noises that is all mucus management. DH has told me I do it before, especially at night when I'm sleeping but I had no idea it was SO noticeable that basically every person I encounter probably notices
  3. Regular Member
    oh man…
    I pop my thumbs…a lot.
    When pumping gas it HAS to be in a dollar amount…no change. Going to $20.01 just drives me crazy!
    Volume has to be set on a even number (like on tv or in car)
    I organize my magnets on my fridge too. They are all in a straight line :-/
    I have to have a song playing when I get into the car too..cant drive silent!
    I wear studs in my ears and I turn them CONSTANTLY. My coworkers probably get very annoyed with me.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his]lobster View Post
    I talk to my dogs, or if they aren't around, myself. I don't really find it weird, it's essentially the same thoughts I have in my head but it allows me to practice different accents

Also, not really a habit that I can control but I recently filmed myself talking (like people on youtube do, just for my own entertainment) and I breathe way heavier than I thought and constantly clear my throat/lungs and do other weird noises that is all mucus management. DH has told me I do it before, especially at night when I'm sleeping but I had no idea it was SO noticeable that basically every person I encounter probably notices
    I do this too and my dogs always look at me like I'm a weirdo! Even with the extra practice, my accents still suck.

5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by moosegirl View Post
    Yes! I get so much anxiety watching shows! I neeeeed to know spoilers. My husband hates it

Other than that, I think my weird habits are too long to list....

Right?! Mine can't stand it either.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Seriously you are talking with your dogs!? It's really crazy!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345