Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your weird habits.

1. Grouchy Hag
    Grouchy Hag

Advertisements
    I leave the house at exactly the same time every day. I get to the drive-thru to get my coffee at the same time, and I pull into the parking lot at work at the same time. It's a running joke among my co-workers that they can set their clocks by me. It seriously messes with my day if this does not happen as planned.

I eat french fries with tartar sauce, never ketchup. But it must be Frisch's tartar sauce, otherwise there's no point in even having french fries.

Not sure if this really counts, but if I have to take notes for something, I always hand-write them, and I will re-write them several times. I'm convinced that the act of writing everything out helps me retain information better.

I have to sit in the sink basically to do makeup, but that's because I'm 5'7" and my legs are longer than my torso, and after about 5 minutes of leaning over the sink I start to feel like Quasimodo.
  2. Senior Member
    I have so many!

My main one that I'm trying so hard to break is biting the inside of my gums. I feel like it's grinding away my teeth because I do it alllllll the time. I feel like it replaced my nail biting habit though which I guess is a slight positive!
  3. Moderator

I have a ton.

I would prefer to only turn my body clockwise. Like, if I'm rolling over in bed or turning to wash my hair in the shower.

I mess with my hair a lot too, twirling it around my fingers. I also drive with my window cracked, no matter what the temperature is.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Nothing about me is weird. I am as normal as normal can be.
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Oh lord I do the hair thing to. Everyone at work jokes that I'm constantly flipping or touching my hair. I do the hair mustaches too my hair always smells amazing though. And it's getting so long again and I keep getting random comments on how much people love my hair so it makes me feel less weird that I mess with it so much

I can't think of anything else too weird, I won't blow dry my hair standing up, I always sit on the toilet and blow dry it not like while I'm going just put the seat down and a towel on it and I sit and blow dry my hair.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    When I eat, I eat one thing at a time. Meaning, if I have a burger and fries, I pick one thing and eat that until I'm finished with it and move onto the next item. If I only eat half of the burger and start eating the fries, I won't go back to the burger. Very, very rarely do I eat leftovers. I never bring anything home from a restaurant, either. Nothing can touch either. If they are dry foods it's ok, and I'll separate them but if it's like mashed potatoes and they touch something else, I won't eat it.
    I am so the opposite of this I'm taking a bite of burger then shoveling like 6 fries in my mouth with it. On thanksgiving or just whenever I put all my veggies and turkey on my mashed potatoes and just stir the crap out of it.
  7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Nothing about me is weird. I am as normal as normal can be.
    This is my favorite response.

I say "Ya know what I mean?" a lot. When I'm buying something I never pull from the front. I always pull from the back and I inspect it and others like it before putting it in my cart. I snort. A lot. I also count just about everything. How many letters are on street signs or billboards and if it doesn't end on an increment of five then I count the edges and sides of the sign and then the sign itself. I can't have an alarm clock in my room or I will count the lines in the numbers, how many numbers are on the screen and add up the numbers themselves all night while I'm laying in bed. Meeting people for the first time triggers my upchuck reflex - I haven't puked by it yet but the feeling is there. Since moving to the West Coast I like to look at the Facebook pages for shows I like to find out any spoilers (like TWD when someone is going to die - or like in King of the Nerds when someone loses a Nerd Off and gets kicked off the show - I like to know in advance to calm my anxiety as I'm watching).

And I didn't realize just how weird I am until now.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  8. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    This is my favorite response.

I say "Ya know what I mean?" a lot. When I'm buying something I never pull from the front. I always pull from the back and I inspect it and others like it before putting it in my cart. I snort. A lot. I also count just about everything. How many letters are on street signs or billboards and if it doesn't end on an increment of five then I count the edges and sides of the sign and then the sign itself. I can't have an alarm clock in my room or I will count the lines in the numbers, how many numbers are on the screen and add up the numbers themselves all night while I'm laying in bed. Meeting people for the first time triggers my upchuck reflex - I haven't puked by it yet but the feeling is there. Since moving to the West Coast I like to look at the Facebook pages for shows I like to find out any spoilers (like TWD when someone is going to die - or like in King of the Nerds when someone loses a Nerd Off and gets kicked off the show - I like to know in advance to calm my anxiety as I'm watching).

And I didn't realize just how weird I am until now.
    I have the number issue, too, especially adding the numbers on the clock. I've found analog clocks/watches make it easier to forget than digital ones.

I also like to have everything in my life be even numbers or multiples of five. Like, the volume of the tv or stereo, the speed I am driving, what time it is (I'll stare at the clock until it changes), the price of the gas I buy, etc.
    I count my steps constantly, and I like to step on things (black tile, white tile, parking lot, sidewalk square, carpet, etc) an even number of times.
  9. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    I have the number issue, too, especially adding the numbers on the clock. I've found analog clocks/watches make it easier to forget than digital ones.

I also like to have everything in my life be even numbers or multiples of five. Like, the volume of the tv or stereo, the speed I am driving, what time it is (I'll stare at the clock until it changes), the price of the gas I buy, etc.
    I count my steps constantly, and I like to step on things (black tile, white tile, parking lot, sidewalk square, carpet, etc) an even number of times.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I do the same thing you do with getting gas as well except I want it either in .50 or nearest dollar increments.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  10. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I pop/crack my joints -- ankles, toes (sometimes), fingers, back, neck, knees... DH thinks I'm weird. I play with my curls when I actually have them, like now. It's weird, though, and hard to explain. I don't twirl them; I pinch the little curls. I started doing this at bed time when I was young.
    Pax, Aeon
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast