Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your weird habits.

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    OOOH me too! DH is always like "THAT IS NOT COMFORTABLE. THAT IS NOT HOW PEOPLE SIT."
    E always tell me it's why my knees are messed up. It's so comfy though!!
  2. Senior Member
    Oh, I pop my fingers when they feel stiff I guess. Used to pop my back a lot more, but since doing yoga I haven't been.
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    I don't do this one intentionally, but I have random squeaky hiccups. BUT just one at a time, not a fit that I can't get rid of, they come and go on their own.

Other than that, I am always fidgeting with my hair. It's up/down/up/down, run my hands through it constantly. Think it's a nervous habit.
    Ha! I do the hiccup thing too. DH calls them "hicurps" cuz they sounds like a mix between a hiccup and a burp.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    By far my weirdest habits have to do with the shower. I absolutely can't be in the shower/tub if the water isn't running, baths disgust me, and I can't stand on the shower floor. I have to stand on a wash cloth and even then I hold my toes off the cloth. I have the same issue with boat floors, I always have to have shoes on.

I do the hair staches too.
    Hair staches rock. Dh just doesn't get it
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    ugh I'm a weirdo so I have a ton but a few are that I count the sips I take, and if I miss count I have to repeat the sips so I can count over. Whenever I close a door I always have to lock it, even if it's just a bedroom door. It drives my husband crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    What the optimum # of sips? I'm sorta the opposite with doors, I leave them open all the time

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I chew on pens
    I used to do that in college all the time. It got really bad, I think I've replaced that habit with my hair-fondling one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I pop everything! Knucles, toes, back, neck, elbows, wrists.

I sit in the sink when I do my makeup. I have to be right up against the mirror when I do my mascara.

I randomly catch myself making a fish face pretty often. Like I'll just be sitting there and realize I'm in class with a fish face. Idk wtf I do that for DH just does it back at my till I notice.
    I sit in the sink when I pluck my brows It's so much easier to see!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    I pop my elbows a lot. Sometimes it really grosses people out because its so loud.

I make a lot of weird/random faces and sounds when I'm thinking or bored.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have anxiety habits haha. I am more often than not missing a chunk of one of my eyebrows because I pick them. Then I get really sad and have to pencil them in more than normal I pick at my lips all the time and don't realize I'm doing it. People totally probably think I'm picking my nose if they just glance at me.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I have anxious habits, too. I have to check everything multiple times before I leave the house - make sure there are no candles lit, the oven/stove is off, lights and AC/heat are off, that the kitties have water or food...it's bad. Usually a few times a week I'll be headed somewhere and I can't remember if I checked something and I have to go back home and see otherwise I'll worry. One time I was almost super late for a meeting because I got all the way to campus, couldn't remember if I blew out the candles, panicked and thought my kitties would die in a fire, and drove all the way back home to check. They were out.

I also pop my elbows a lot. And stick my tongue out when I'm thinking hard.
  7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

When I eat, I eat one thing at a time. Meaning, if I have a burger and fries, I pick one thing and eat that until I'm finished with it and move onto the next item. If I only eat half of the burger and start eating the fries, I won't go back to the burger. Very, very rarely do I eat leftovers. I never bring anything home from a restaurant, either. Nothing can touch either. If they are dry foods it's ok, and I'll separate them but if it's like mashed potatoes and they touch something else, I won't eat it.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    When I eat, I eat one thing at a time. Meaning, if I have a burger and fries, I pick one thing and eat that until I'm finished with it and move onto the next item. If I only eat half of the burger and start eating the fries, I won't go back to the burger. Very, very rarely do I eat leftovers. I never bring anything home from a restaurant, either. Nothing can touch either. If they are dry foods it's ok, and I'll separate them but if it's like mashed potatoes and they touch something else, I won't eat it.
    you sound like DH! He doesn't eat his leftovers EVER. But he brings them home and lets them sit in the fridge until I have to throw them out. And He always eats his burger 1st then the fries. I always think to myself, "who eats cold fries? There's like a 5 minute shelf life on fries before they get yucky..."
    I hate it when my food touches too. Especially if it's something with a sauce and the sauce gets on the other food. Just nope.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    you sound like DH! He doesn't eat his leftovers EVER. But he brings them home and lets them sit in the fridge until I have to throw them out. And He always eats his burger 1st then the fries. I always think to myself, "who eats cold fries? There's like a 5 minute shelf life on fries before they get yucky..."
    I hate it when my food touches too. Especially if it's something with a sauce and the sauce gets on the other food. Just nope.
    This is me too! They absolutely can't touch each other, even though I'm eating them all the same.

The real struggle specially when I go to potlucks and you have like one plate for everything and either you get your dessert now or you'll never get one. I'll add it on to my plate and of course, a corner of my cake or whatever will touch the sauce and it's just game over for me. Well, I'll pick out the infected area and then eat it lol.

Oh, and I have to use a clean fork in between the dishes (like from soup or salad to main course, to dessert). If I can't get a new fork, I'll lick my fork clean or wipe it like crazy with the napkin, making sure there is not a single debris of the previous food before proceeding to the next plate.
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I could do fries first. There is no rhyme or reason to the order. Just what ever I'm feeling. If I'm super hungry I'll probably eat the burger first. I tend to eat the more expensive item first I think. Yeah sauces are like my nemesis. If I'm eating fries and want ketchup, the ketchup can't even touch the fry until I intend for it too. If I'm putting ketchup on my plate and it touches a fry, RIP French fry for you will never fulfill your destiny.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast