Advertisements
    Which do you pick?
    Explain and debate if you like
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Used! Carmax.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Used for me because I prefer having a nicer car with more features/options than I could afford new.

4. Senior Member
    Used. I don't know that I will ever buy a new car. It is just such a bad financial decision. People can rationalize it all they want, but the fact remains that a new car is a bad financial decision. If you value other things, like the status symbol of a fancy new car, over the finances, so be it. But from a number perspective, buying something 3+ (or better yet 5+) years old is a way, way better decision.

As I said in the other thread, there's a reason I've never had a car payment, and it's not that I am rich. It's that I buy cheap, plain, used cars and drive them a long time. Marketers have gotten use to believe we need new cars, that anything with more than 50k is so unreliable, and that it is normal and healthy and fine to have a car loan. None of those things are true. My car is 15 years old, and I've owned it for 7. Before that, my car was 13 years old when we sold it and I'd owned it for 9 years. That's why I can afford to pay cash for a car.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Used.

DH and I are handy with cars and hate car payments. I bought one new car, and although it was a beauty and under warranty, I still had an issue where I was stranded and had to get a loaner (from the dealership) and yadda yadda. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all cars can have their issues... But with the way cars are going, all computer run, it's a lot more $$ to fix and maintain than what I'd like.
  6. Senior Member
    I think it just depends on what is available to you and what you're looking for. I never thought I would ever buy a new car until I bought mine, and that was because it was cheaper than the same model a couple years older. The value absolutely does depreciate but in my (limited) experience, the savings are not passed on to you unless you're buying something older than I would be comfortable with. I'm not even a car person, I just really hate fixing stupid shit like what broke constantly on my old car, which was only 4-7 years old during the time that I had it.
  7. Senior Member
    Used and avoid car lots if you don't need the financing. People PCSing overseas are the best, which is how I got my awesome car.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think it just depends on what is available to you and what you're looking for. I never thought I would ever buy a new car until I bought mine, and that was because it was cheaper than the same model a couple years older. The value absolutely does depreciate but in my (limited) experience, the savings are not passed on to you unless you're buying something older than I would be comfortable with. I'm not even a car person, I just really hate fixing stupid shit like what broke constantly on my old car, which was only 4-7 years old during the time that I had it.
    we had the same thing when we bought my yaris. we were going to get used, were all ready to go, and then it was going to be thousands more then a brand new car of similar category. So we bought new.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We have one of each! I love my KIA which we bought new, but I hate having a car payment again after not having one for so long. It was definitely a want and not a need, but I do not regret buying it. However if we had to finance a lot of money I would not buy it new, I want to know if something happens I can sell it and come out on top, not upside down. DH's truck is not very old but it is used. We got an amazing deal on it from Carmax and were very happy with them. We've also sold two cars to them and they made very reasonable offers. I thought their asking prices were also very fair!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    we had the same thing when we bought my yaris. we were going to get used, were all ready to go, and then it was going to be thousands more then a brand new car of similar category. So we bought new.
    Yeah I mean for us, we were going to be financing regardless so it just made more sense to go with the cheaper option with the lower interest rate. I kinda regret my car just because I really wish I had gotten an SUV but it's been perfectly affordable. It's annoying to have a car payment but it's certainly not breaking us.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast