Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to permanently leave conversations in FB?

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Is there a way to permanently leave conversations in FB?

Advertisements
    Hey maybe I'm just being dumb about this but you know how if you get invited to a spam group there's an option where you can prevent people from adding you back to the group? Is there a way to do this for conversations too? I feel like I left a conversation and then got pulled back into it when someone else replied.

Sidenote I'm really getting super sick of people using facebook to sell their MLM shit. I guess I'm going to have to start de-friending people but there's people who never talk to me and then all of a sudden it's "hey tojai how are you omg we should catch up btw please buy my crappy _______ and help me out I'm having a party!" It's so aggravating.
  2. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

There should be an option with the little gear thingy that is Leave Conversation. Once you hit that you shouldn't be notified if anyone else says anything unless you are added back to the chat.

Giiiirl I've had to hide people on my feed because I got sick of their MLM crap. I've defriended a person or two because they would never want to come to our cookouts or hang out with us or even just bullshit with me or comment on my shit but they can pop up outta nowhere all "Hi, I have a 30 faces in 30 days challenge!" Uuugh
  3. Moderator

Like email messages with multiple people? Yes, there's a little gear icon with message options and you should be able to leave the conversation.

I also hate the MLM on Facebook, and group emails are one of the most annoying things to me because it tells everyone left in the conversation when someone leaves. I just want to leave inconspicuously dangit!
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

OK I swear I hit the little gear thing earlier but either I failed at that or the person who started the conversation just added me back in. Or I guess maybe there was a new conversation and it seemed the same as the old one because it was someone selling shit ...

Time to do cleanup of friends list I guess!
  5. Senior Member
    MLM is so annoyinggggggggg. One of my aunts just got started with 31 bags and pure romance and she was irritating on Facebook to begin with but now it's a whole new level. And she tags me in stuff. Like no I'm not gonna go to a sex toy party you also invited my grandma to.
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I hateeeeee when people I haven't talked to in a while message me just to try and sell me something. It's like OH how nice of you to message me and then ohhh I see what you did there, yeah no thanks. It's just crappy I've had 2 people do this to me recently.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I actually defriended someone because of their exercise stuff. I'm sorry. I can't stand that stuff. I want to know about my friend's life, not their business!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Have any of you had your friends wives hit you up? I've had that happen once or twice, I'm all Oh look, Tim messaged me! Open it to find it's Tim's wife that I've met in passing once trying to hock her Mary Kay or stupid It Works wrap shit.
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ...What does MLM mean?

10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    ...What does MLM mean?
    multi-level marketing.

They're talking about friends who sell stuff and only talk to them when they want them to order things or when that's all they talk about on Facebook.

It happens to me all the time. The majority of my military wife friends sell a variety of things, which is fine if that's what they want to do but don't hound people about it. *headdesk*

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast