Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: If you do the whole Santa thing...

  1. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #1

    If you do the whole Santa thing...

    Advertisements
    My parents never wrapped our presents from the big man, so I haven't been either. However, the kids and I put up our tree tonight and my oldest nerdling (5 years old) thinks it's Christmas. Like right meow. All month long. She was so excited and gushed about how she's going to come down the stairs tomorrow and check to see if there are presents under the tree. The past five years we've only done gifts from Santa, so there's never been anything under the tree until they go to bed Christmas Eve. We set it all up under the tree that night, unwrapped presents, ready to be played with. With DH deployed we decided to do part Santa, part mom and dad (majority still being Santa). Trying to decide whether or not I want to take the time to wrap ALL THE THINGS or just the ones from us.

    Do you wrap Santa presents or no? Also, here's our tree! Feel free to share yours!


    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  2. Account Closed
    Yabos's Avatar
    Yabos is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not Texas
    Posts
    12,236
    #2
    Lol awwww!

    No kids yet but for me, Santa always left his gifts unwrapped on the couch. Gifts under tree were from my parents, and some used to say "Santa" on them, but that was because Santa brought some for me to open when we went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm 21 and married and Santa still leave the presents unwrapped on the couch Only difference is the ones under the tree now say "Gran & Papa".
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Lol awwww!

    No kids yet but for me, Santa always left his gifts unwrapped on the couch. Gifts under tree were from my parents, and some used to say "Santa" on them, but that was because Santa brought some for me to open when we went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm 21 and married and Santa still leave the presents unwrapped on the couch Only difference is the ones under the tree now say "Gran & Papa".
    It was the same for my brother and me. Santa gifts unwrapped on the couch, presents under the tree were from mom and dad and other family members.

    The bolded made me giggle. So cute.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. Senior Member
    dolphindm04's Avatar
    dolphindm04 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,237
    #4
    no kiddos for DH & I, but my sister and SIL both leave unwrapped gifts under the tree. My sister might have a toy assembled near the tree, but Santa's gifts are definitely unwrapped!
  5. Senior Member
    roxs28's Avatar
    roxs28 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    #5
    Or presents from. Santa were always wrapped in Santa paper. But being that I'm old. ...Santa used to come to the house on Christmas eve and bring us one present before church(it usually got to go with to church ...a doll, small truck or stuffed animal). The rest were there when we got home from midnight mass.
  6. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    BraveLilToaster's Avatar
    BraveLilToaster is offline
    aka Milfon2Wheelz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kings Bay Ga
    Posts
    10,109


    #6
    Santa uses a different wrapping paper than me.

    All presents are wrapped, but they don't get put under the tree until the night before because #notachihuahua might eat them.

    Pic of my tree from this morning.

  7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    no kiddos for DH & I, but my sister and SIL both leave unwrapped gifts under the tree. My sister might have a toy assembled near the tree, but Santa's gifts are definitely unwrapped!
    My DH thought it was the weirdest thing at first. He'd never known anyone to NOT wrap Santa gifts.

    Quote Originally Posted by roxs28 View Post
    Or presents from. Santa were always wrapped in Santa paper. But being that I'm old. ...Santa used to come to the house on Christmas eve and bring us one present before church(it usually got to go with to church ...a doll, small truck or stuffed animal). The rest were there when we got home from midnight mass.
    Aww, that's awesome. Your Santa was smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Santa uses a different wrapping paper than me.

    All presents are wrapped, but they don't get put under the tree until the night before because #notachihuahua might eat them.

    Pic of my tree from this morning.

    Oh man, I don't know whether to laugh or be frustrated for you! I hope no ornaments were broken. D;

    Also... there's a good chance my tree will be just like that tomorrow morning. I've got one fat cat.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  8. Senior Member
    Deifick's Avatar
    Deifick is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,262
    #8
    Growing up my santa gifts were wrapped in Santa wrapping paper and to distinguish whose gift it was, your gift was inside your stocking or for large gifts your stocking was placed on top of your gift or money was inside your stocking. We used to go to a cousin's house for Christmas and come back to gifts left at home. (My mom was always the last to leave the house so she put out the gifts before leaving for Christmas at the cousin's house.)
  9. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    katiebee's Avatar
    katiebee is offline
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,982

    #9
    No kids for DH and I yet but growing up all our gifts under the tree would be wrapped. Santa gifts would have a different wrapping paper though. Also, gifts from family members would be placed under the tree as we received them in the mail but gifts from Santa and from my parents wouldn't be there until Christmas morning.
  10. Senior Member
    HazeGray's Avatar
    HazeGray is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,258

    #10
    Santa has his own wrapping paper to set those presents apart. And Santa fills the stockings.
    This year Santa is using brown paper with the resipients initial painted in red.

    I also saw this on Pinterest, it's pretty cute. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126154...HooaAkVe8P8HAQ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •