Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Amazon Warehouse?

  1. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #1

    Amazon Warehouse?

    Advertisements
    Has anyone ordered a 'returned' item from the Amazon warehouse?

    I look occasionally, mainly at athletic shoes. I just found my exact same New Balance 'I'm too lazy to get dressed' cross trainers in a cute purple/gray for only $25! I've never ordered anything from the warehouse so I'm curious to see if they arrive as described.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #2
    Does it specify final sale anywhere? If not then I would totally order them. Returned items usually just aren't in the original packaging, I doubt they're going to resell a pair of shoes that have clearly been used.

    QVC has an as is section on their website, amazon warehouse sounds similar.
  3. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Does it specify final sale anywhere? If not then I would totally order them. Returned items usually just aren't in the original packaging, I doubt they're going to resell a pair of shoes that have clearly been used.

    QVC has an as is section on their website, amazon warehouse sounds similar.
    I hope they're fine, because I already ordered them. I can't pass up $25 for the same shoe that's normally $70! I'm lucky that I already know they'll fit because I have the same pair now. They were rated as excellent condition with small marks on sole, which I guessed means someone probably wore them around for a day and decided they didn't like them?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Senior Member
    Gurlhan's Avatar
    Gurlhan is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany!
    Posts
    459
    #4
    I've ordered tons of items from the Amazon Warehouse. Everything is always pretty much new. I love the price markdowns hehe. I can live with a tiny scratch here or there, barely noticeable scuff marks, etc.
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #5
    I did not know about Amazon Warehouse! Gotta check it out
  6. we were all rooting for you
    KittenMittens's Avatar
    KittenMittens is offline
    we were all rooting for you
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,675
    #6
    How have I not heard of this!?
  7. Senior Member
    BamaChica's Avatar
    BamaChica is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN - Recruiting
    Posts
    3,850
    #7
    Yes! I just ordered a case of air filters for our very picky HVAC system that are originally $70 for $35, and they just had been opened and re-wrapped. I inspected every one of them, and they're all in perfect condition.
  8. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurlhan View Post
    I've ordered tons of items from the Amazon Warehouse. Everything is always pretty much new. I love the price markdowns hehe. I can live with a tiny scratch here or there, barely noticeable scuff marks, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaChica View Post
    Yes! I just ordered a case of air filters for our very picky HVAC system that are originally $70 for $35, and they just had been opened and re-wrapped. I inspected every one of them, and they're all in perfect condition.
    You ladies made me feel much better about it! I'm so excited to get them Wednesday I'll post an update on them for sure.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    I did not know about Amazon Warehouse! Gotta check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    How have I not heard of this!?
    I only found it from being super bored on Amazon one day!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •