Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUGESTIONS WELCOME!

1. sassypants
    sassypants

SUGESTIONS WELCOME!

Advertisements
    HEY ALL

been a long time

im just sittin here in san jose, chugging away at my degree (2 more semesters baby ) and kinda disconnected from everything. My major has a way of doing that to me

but RECENTLY I lost a ton of weight (60 lbs) and I am totally out of clothes. My mom, for my birthday wants to get me some "nice clothing" but my budget has always been in the target/forever21/cheap range (I pay for all my own things), and Ih ave no idea what to ask for. and I feel especially newly confident being back to where I was before I broke my ankle

SO I was wondering, what is the on thing you have been wanting lately, clothing wise?

style wise, Im a little bit indie, boho. but I am open to anything, I just need a starting point
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  2. Regular Member

I personally shop at forever 21, target, ross, marshals, and tj max. They have "nice" clothes at a good price You don't need a name brand to have nice clothes, you just need to know how to put an outfit together.

Oh! And congrats on being back to your old weight! that's a huge stepping stone. I'm sure it feels great too
  3. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruggs View Post
    I personally shop at forever 21, target, ross, marshals, and tj max. They have "nice" clothes at a good price You don't need a name brand to have nice clothes, you just need to know how to put an outfit together.

Oh! And congrats on being back to your old weight! that's a huge stepping stone. I'm sure it feels great too
    im not saying "name brand", I don't know any designers. My mom just offered for my birthday, and I really have no idea
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. Senior Member
    I'm obsessing over boots right now so the only thing I can think about are a pair skinny jeans to fit into some riding boots! Or sweaters. I don't know about you but I've been FREEZING all day long.

I say take a trip to Valley Fair. Hit Nordstrom and Macys and see what you like

And congrats!
  5. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissred View Post
    I'm obsessing over boots right now so the only thing I can think about are a pair skinny jeans to fit into some riding boots! Or sweaters. I don't know about you but I've been FREEZING all day long.

I say take a trip to Valley Fair. Hit Nordstrom and Macys and see what you like

And congrats!
    I feel like state keeps the rooms at 60 no matter what -_-

ive been SO cold
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  6. Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleWiggle~ View Post
    im not saying "name brand", I don't know any designers. My mom just offered for my birthday, and I really have no idea
    I don't really know any designers either, thats what i was picking up from your post though, sorry!

I would still ask for gift cards at department stores, your money goes soooo much further! I love me some JcPenny!
  7. Senior Member
    What kind of clothing will you be needing? Professional or more 'everyday' type styles?

I've actually been finding some cute things at JC Penney lately. I'm not sure of the quality, but you can't beat their prices. TJ Maxx is a pretty solid place to look as well because they have so many different brands you're almost certain to find something that flatters you.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Senior Member
    Congrats!

I love Kohl's. Sometimes Kohl's has awesome coupons like $10 off $25, 30% off, plus $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend (if you join the rewards club, you get $5 for every $100 you spend--doesn't have to be the same transaction)!! Love the deals. I bought a double breasted purple/black trench coat from the clearance + 30% off and paid $12. <3 I've been going on a jacket/blazer craze.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I absolutely LIVE for oversized sweaters in the winter...and you can get them just about anywhere They were pretty much what I lived in last winter while I was still losing weight.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Congrats on your weight loss! That's seriously amazing!!

If you need dressy/work-appropriate clothes, I love New York and Company, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor/LOFT, Express, and H&M. Those are my "splurge" stores for something special or good quality dress pants

Casual clothes, I'm a Marshall's shopper. Then I check out the mall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast