Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: :tu Going alone

1. Senior Member

:tu Going alone

Advertisements
    There is an upcoming National Women's Show downtown this weekend and it happens every year here in Toronto (or at least it seems like it's a yearly thing). It's basically a convention or whatever you call it, where they have booths to visit, workshops to sit through and tons of samples to take home

I wanted to go last year, but my girl friend cancelled. I want to try again going this year, but I don't have anyone to go with. My friends aren't available on the only time I am available. I really want to check it out but I feel like I'll be such a loner and it won't help that I'll be surrounded by group of people going with their girl friends. I know, sounds petty or something, but last time I went to something like this, (The Food show), as much as I enjoyed the booths and freebies, it was something I would rather do with a friend or two. It got pretty lonely walking around after a while as I had no one to talk to about the moment or wait in line with.

Maybe it will be different with this specific show. I prefer going shopping (esp. window shopping) alone. I prefer getting my hair cut alone. I enjoy walking around places and exploring alone. I feel like this is actually one of those things that I may enjoy by myself...going to booths that I want to go to, leaving when I want to leave..etc...but I might feel like such a loner again at the end of the day lol. I'm still debating if I should go but anywho...so here are random questions for you...

Have you gone to a show alone? If yes, what type and how was the experience for you?

What places or activities do you enjoy going to/doing alone? (Shopping/working-out/going to a spa)

Please add in anything else you want to comment on as an activity you prefer doing alone.
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I think you should go! You may meet new friends there!

I loooooove my alone time. I prefer to work out alone, shop by myself (unless its Marshall's because DB has finally seen the light and enjoys it there!), and I like to grocery shop/run errands by myself.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I agree with KM.

I have been to a lot f trade shows alone due to my job. Mostly brand/marketing, some lifestyle/hobby. The nice thing about going alone is you have your own schedule and arent accountable to anyone else's. What is not so great is eating alone.

I never let strangers know I am traveling alone. No harm in a white lie about a travel companion if you have to.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I think you should go! You may meet new friends there!
    That's true, I may run across someone. I think I might just go

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamba View Post
    I agree with KM.

I have been to a lot f trade shows alone due to my job. Mostly brand/marketing, some lifestyle/hobby. The nice thing about going alone is you have your own schedule and arent accountable to anyone else's. What is not so great is eating alone.

I never let strangers know I am traveling alone. No harm in a white lie about a travel companion if you have to.

That's one of the thing I keep telling myself. It will be better going alone because I don't have to coordinate with anyone or go to the booths I'm not even interested in hehe.

Eating alone for me is no biggie, but it's one of those I also enjoy with people...especially when it's just super delicious. I think I associate eating with socializing hehe.