Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering...

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Just Wondering...

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if this post belongs here or not, but my mind only wanders to this subject when I'm bored. 😊

I do not know where DF went for deployment, because he couldn't tell me.

Why would he not be able to say? What are reasons it would have to be a secret? He also didn't want me to post anything on Facebook or post on Army social sites. I think this one is okay, no personal info here.

Why? Help me to understand.... I can drill him on it when he gets home... But I want to know now (lol I sound like Varuka lol) 👸

Oh, and I heard from him the other night 😍. Super brief but he said what mattered. He also said he was tired.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!
  2. Senior Member
    He might really not be able to tell you. I usually know DH's general location but not an exact one.

Or, he could be playing it up to make it seem like it's more secret than it is. Some guys do that for sure. Without knowing what job he does I'm leaning more towards this. Only very few jobs, in my experience, can't tell you anything. He should at least be able to give you a general area of the world.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    He might really not be able to tell you. I usually know DH's general location but not an exact one.

Or, he could be playing it up to make it seem like it's more secret than it is. Some guys do that for sure. Without knowing what job he does I'm leaning more towards this. Only very few jobs, in my experience, can't tell you anything. He should at least be able to give you a general area of the world.

DH never keeps me in the dark about his whereabouts. I don't get specifics about what he does on a daily basis in regards to his job, but I usually always know where he is.

4. Senior Member
    Didn't you say yall started dating a month ago and he was not really ready for a relationship? Maybe he wasn't ready to tell you

ETA: I hope that didn't come off snarky. Just with some guys they like to take things really slow. Since you called it a "romantic friendship" then it turned into a relationship, then maybe he's taking things slow to see where it goes and he just doesn't want to tell you too much... Just my thoughts.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Didn't you say yall started dating a month ago and he was not really ready for a relationship? Maybe he wasn't ready to tell you
    And when did he become the fiance?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    DF - haha I meant dear friend. I don't know the abbreviations yet, lol. Yeah we haven't been dating long. Just since July. That would have been fast and awkward!

He doesn't seem like the type to 'play up' although I could see a lot of guys doing that. He doesn't say a lot about work.

Maybe he wasn't ready to tell me. Although he said I could ask him anything. I did ask him where he was going and he said he couldn't tell me that. Like, "I'm sorry I really can't tell you that."

I dropped it after he said he couldn't tell me. Now that I'm bothered by it, I'll ask when he is back - maybe then he'll be able to. It's just a puzzle I keep thinking through.

Just looking for info. thanks
  7. Senior Member
    Have you met him IRL? And I'm assuming it's a short deployment? Maybe he just wasn't comfortable sharing that info because he was afraid it would end up on social media and violating OPSEC. I haven't *personally* known anyone who couldn't share at least what area of the world they would be in, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    If IRL is in real life, than yes many times - we were 'not not dating' lol - due to upcoming deployment. We've kept it mostly platonic as possible. His last LTR left him just before a deployment and that was several years ago.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I could totally see him not telling me due to that. I don't know any military rules - except what I've read here. He did mention some basics that I mentioned earlier, but that's it.

That makes sense, thanks.
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I think its a short deployment, if others are 9+ months, this one is less. He did know timeframe and said it could be earlier.

LOL I asked him if that's because he was trying to get out on good behavior. 😉 Because we met online, I teased him about 'pretending' to be in the army. LOL, anyway, he is in the army. I am sure of that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast