Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that annoy you....

1. Senior Member

Things that annoy you....

Advertisements
    about selling/buying stuff online.

1) "What's the least you'll take for it?" Um. Probably what I asked for it. Especially since your bargaining skills are so on point.

2) People who post clothes/shoes with no size in a Walmart bag and say "Make me an offer."

What annoys you about Craigslist, those Facebook yardsale sites, etc?

*And no, this stuff doesn't seriously make me angry but it does make me roll my eyes when I scroll through during my procrastination times*
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    about selling/buying stuff online.

1) "What's the least you'll take for it?" Um. Probably what I asked for it. Especially since your bargaining skills are so on point.

2) People who post clothes/shoes with no size in a Walmart bag and say "Make me an offer."

What annoys you about Craigslist, those Facebook yardsale sites, etc?

*And no, this stuff doesn't seriously make me angry but it does make me roll my eyes when I scroll through during my procrastination times*
    The bolded is fantastic.

I cannot stand our local buy/sell/trade pages. Most of the "bargaining" is ridiculous. People low ball or get offended when they can't get it. Also, the bitching when people don't understand what first come, first served means. They get all upset that someone won't hold something until payday for them.
  3. Senior Member
    I don't participate in any of this but omg I hate when people post pictures of stuff in their filthy houses. Who raised you? Have you no shame?
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't participate in any of this but omg I hate when people post pictures of stuff in their filthy houses. Who raised you? Have you no shame?

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    The bolded is fantastic.

I cannot stand our local buy/sell/trade pages. Most of the "bargaining" is ridiculous. People low ball or get offended when they can't get it. Also, the bitching when people don't understand what first come, first served means. They get all upset that someone won't hold something until payday for them.
    Oh, I know! Or they say they'll want to come look at it...next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's like those bathroom selfies with toothpaste on the mirror and poop in the toilet.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

It absolutely KILLS me when I see people looking for a babysitter only hours in advance on a Facebook group. Really, you're going to leave your baby with a stranger you met on Facebook only a few hours ago?
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    "Wanting to sale this [insert item]"
    "[insert item] for sell"

and OMG YES the people who will post pictures of an item SURROUNDED by trash they were too lazy to push out of the way to at least give the illusion that you keep a clean home. Why the hell am I going to buy an entertainment stand from you when you've got BK bags & dirt laundry sprawled out all over and around it.

be cool.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Over pricing! People here will sell a used baby outfit for like 5-7 dollars. I can go get myself a brand new one for that price!

People here will ask "will you take any less?" After people have said they'd pay full price.... Yeah sure instead of selling it for 25 to A let me sell it for 15 to you! What a deal!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    It absolutely KILLS me when I see people looking for a babysitter only hours in advance on a Facebook group. Really, you're going to leave your baby with a stranger you met on Facebook only a few hours ago?
    I joined a ft.bragg Facebook babysitter group and seriously some of the posts scare me. One lady said she babysits but is pregnant so she has doctors appts BUT she'd be willing to take the little babies along with her to the doctors appointments
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I joined a ft.bragg Facebook babysitter group and seriously some of the posts scare me. One lady said she babysits but is pregnant so she has doctors appts BUT she'd be willing to take the little babies along with her to the doctors appointments
    So the most recent one I saw.....
    Murphy Canyon, which is one of the largest military housing communities here in SD, had a scheduled power outage last Friday from something like 10pm-6am. I get it, that sucks, and since most people around here make friends with people in their same community, all their friends had no power either. This lady posts online asking for a babysitter around 8 pm that night. She also said they had to watch the kids at her home. She mentioned wanting to spend the night out in a hotel with her husband. Sure lady, well I have no power either, let me sit in some strangers house, watching said strangers kids, with no fucking power....how about don't make your kids sit in your hot ass house well you and your husband got to a hotel.

I absolutely understand using FB as a resource to find a reliable babysitter. But, like, vet the person first. Make sure they are cpr certified, maybe get a reference, how about making sure they are not a felon, how about just have a cup of coffee with them before you trust them with you children?????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast