Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Hobbies

Advertisements
    I found a new hobby (organizing and planning), and I feel like I'm thinking I've never actually had a hobby before that was just for fun. I mean, I did all kinds of things in the past (varying from sport teams to dance to guitar to creative writing to volunteering to video games) but I never found something that I absolutely loved; I just dabbled around never understanding people who had a defined hobby because I hadn't experienced that kind of thing. It's seeming very funny now, because DH is the type who has very passionate hobbies and we've always sort of misunderstood each other in that regard.

Anyway.......What's your hobby that you do for pure enjoyment?

2. Senior Member
    I'm a part of the club that doesn't have a definitive hobby that I'm super passionate about. I'm working on it, though.

I will say, though, in Georgia, I was very into baking but I haven't gotten back into that swing here because I don't have a large group of people to pawn my baked goods off on .

3. Senior Member
    That is wonderful you found something you like like that!

I breed and show cats.. Which forces me to travel and keeps me involved in a circle of people & the breed

DH's is restoring classic trucks and cars

Our joint hobbies are bike riding or any outdoorsy thing together (although we do attend each other's hobby events too). I have also started gardening recently, DH and I also like anything to do with self sustainability and emergency preparedness. Partly why we are building a homestead. I'd love for the house to one day be "off the grid" and energy efficient
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  4. Senior Member
    I think I'm a dabbler...

There's lots of things that I enjoy doing, but I can't really say that any of them are true hobbies.
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm probably a dabbler too I go through phases of liking different things. Lately it's been cooking and baking (made lemon cranberry cupcakes and bacon cheddar pub burgers last night, bolognese sauce for dinner tonight and am right now making israeli couscous-apple-mint salad to take for lunch tomorrow), video games, watch tv, go for walks, go to new places (restaurant, museum, etc), cross-stitching, reading, building model kits (legos, robots, etc), and playing with the cats. I've never been insanely passionate about 1 thing. I don't think I have the personality for it

Also, is cuddling a hobby? If so, that's my fave lately
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPANavyWife View Post

I breed and show cats.. Which forces me to travel and keeps me involved in a circle of people & the breed

Our joint hobbies are bike riding or any outdoorsy thing together (although we do attend each other's hobby events too). I have also started gardening recently, DH and I also like anything to do with self sustainability and emergency preparedness. Partly why we are building a homestead. I'd love for the house to one day be "off the grid" and energy efficient
    I googled this just now because I legit didn't know this was a thing. There are some BEAUTIFUL cats out there!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by bars_and_bodegas View Post
    I'm a part of the club that doesn't have a definitive hobby that I'm super passionate about. I'm working on it, though.

I will say, though, in Georgia, I was very into baking but I haven't gotten back into that swing here because I don't have a large group of people to pawn my baked goods off on .
    I know what you mean! When DH was in tech school for cross training, I could always send my baking experiments because so many guys were in the dorms and away from home for the first time. Then when we moved to DH's station, everyone is all into fitness and nutrition so no one eats it and we don't really either

Quote Originally Posted by CPANavyWife View Post

We've considered sustainability and living off the grid as well! Really interesting ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by MissNik View Post
    I think I'm a dabbler...

There's lots of things that I enjoy doing, but I can't really say that any of them are true hobbies.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with dabbling! I have lots I like to do, this is the first thing I've found where my thoughts are consumed and I have to tell myself to stop for a while in order to keep up with regular life (talking to DH, making dinner, etc... )

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I'm probably a dabbler too I go through phases of liking different things. Lately it's been cooking and baking (made lemon cranberry cupcakes and bacon cheddar pub burgers last night, bolognese sauce for dinner tonight and am right now making israeli couscous-apple-mint salad to take for lunch tomorrow), video games, watch tv, go for walks, go to new places (restaurant, museum, etc), cross-stitching, reading, building model kits (legos, robots, etc), and playing with the cats. I've never been insanely passionate about 1 thing. I don't think I have the personality for it

Also, is cuddling a hobby? If so, that's my fave lately
    Cuddling is a hobby I have that one but DH doesn't sit still long enough so I have a collection of dogs I am definitely a phase person, and I wonder if this new thing will be a phase too but I literally can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, reading about it, watching about it, it's consuming my every moment and I have to pull myself away to be productive. I know that will fade once I get into it, but it's also really nice to have such focus! I usually don't unless a book really captures me but that only happens a few times a year
  8. Senior Member
    I guess I'm a dabbler. Right now the most time consuming hobby of mine is crocheting, because I'm making baby stuff for all the women around me who are expecting. Or rather trying to, if my cat will allow it. There are many other things I like to do when I have the time, or depending on what mood I'm in.

DB has recently retaken up the hobby of model ship building while he's overseas. He's building a replica of a US navy sailing vessel.

9. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

Photography.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mine would probably be decorating and working on the house. This weeks project is redoing the stairs. I also love fitness and cooking healthy meals / desserts. Up until a year or so ago I was definitely a dabbler.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast