Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temperature

1. Senior Member

Temperature

Advertisements
    Just because it's actually pretty chilly tonight....

What temperature do you keep your house?

My house stays at about 77 in the summer (I would set the thermostat at 80, but it guts much warmer upstairs) and 65 in the winter.
    Today the house actually hit 65, but I had all the windows open
    Last edited by HazeGray; 10-22-2014 at 07:38 PM.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I turn off the AC and open the windows once it get's like 73 and under out. When we do have the AC on it's at about 75 auto when I'm home and when DH gets back he immediately turns it down to 68 on, and it stays on that till I turn it back up the next day.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

When DH wasn't here, I kept it as cold as it would naturally get, which was 58. He came home and turned the heat on so we keep it low 60s I guess. But we're still in Summer here, so we have it 72 at night and it gets to 76-78 for a few hours in the afternoon.
  4. Senior Member
    The air conditioner stays on 73, auto. The fans run constantly to help the air circulate now because it's cooling off outside so it's staying cooling inside as well. I don't know how cold it's gonna get when winter rolls through this year. If it's too cold, I'll probably turn the heat on if temps dip below 40.

5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Summer: We keep it set to 80 during the day since no one is home. When we are home, we keep it set to 72.

Winter: We shall see. I am used to have a 650 sq foot apartment in the midwest where I could keep it at 76 and only pay $40 a month. Now that I am in the northeast, I am sure it will be different and seeing as I have never lived with MF in the winter and he ideally wants the house between -126 and +25, it will probably be a hard negotiation. My guess is somewhere around 66-68.
  6. Senior Member
    During the summer, mine is set to 72.

During the winter, I prefer to keep my house a bit cooler and will set it to 66 or 67.

My house is two story though and the cool/hot air don't "blend" very well between the upstairs and downstairs. It always seems like the downstairs is too cold and the upstairs is too hot, or vice versa!
  7. Senior Member
    Well my AC sucks, overnight we set it to like 60 but that's not anywhere near the actual temperature. We keep it set on 70 during the day, I don't even turn it higher when we leave because then it gets too hot and takes eternity to cool back off.

We've never gone over our electricity allowance so idec.
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well my AC sucks, overnight we set it to like 60 but that's not anywhere near the actual temperature. We keep it set on 70 during the day, I don't even turn it higher when we leave because then it gets too hot and takes eternity to cool back off.

We've never gone over our electricity allowance so idec.
    -_- Here in NY/CT, my moms winter gas (which is heating only) bill gets to be about $600 a month. My in-laws live in a HUUUUGE house so its usually about $1500 a month for them. I am not looking forward to this.
  9. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Summer during the day 73 or 74. At night, we turn it down to 72. Lately we've had it down to 71 and I still get hot in the middle of the night! Hello preggers!

I think we keep it around 70 in the winter. It's hard to remember.
  10. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

When we do turn the ACs on in the living room and master bedroom they are about 68-70. However, we mainly run them on dehumidify with the ceiling fan going.

I open the place up whenever there's a beautiful breeze and it's not super crazy hot outside.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast