Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: sooo...what now?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

sooo...what now?

Advertisements
    I've been done with work for a full week now and I'm already bored out of my mind what do you do during the day for those that dont have kids? so far all I've done was make coffee, cuddle my puppies, do house chores and go spend money.

How do you not go out and spend monies? I have a ton of house stuff to do especially since we're moving but I need other ideas instead of cleaning

I've dreamt of the day where I could stop working for a while and now that it's here i'm so feaking bored..
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I do have kids but they are older now (middle & high school aged) so they don't need me as much as non-school age do. I still stay home, though. Daily I get the house cleaned, do laundry & any other chores. I also volunteer a lot (church, schools, different programs through the Navy). I workout, take a Bible Study & try at least once a week to see friends in some form.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. Senior Member
    I read a ton. I also volunteer, which may not work very well if you are leaving soon.

I definitely understand how you feel. My friends all say they are jealous that I am not working because we are overseas. I tell them it was awesome for about a month, and then got really old. And that was 4 years ago!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Oh god it's so boringggg. When I stayed home in Hawaii I didn't have a car and we lived in a shady area so I wasn't gonna go explore by myself. But once you get there that will be an option!!

Here before I found a job I sat at home and played around on the Internet. I used to cook a lot and make smoothies. Hang out with my dog obv. But that's boring. I had to get a job.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh god it's so boringggg. When I stayed home in Hawaii I didn't have a car and we lived in a shady area so I wasn't gonna go explore by myself. But once you get there that will be an option!!

Here before I found a job I sat at home and played around on the Internet. I used to cook a lot and make smoothies. Hang out with my dog obv. But that's boring. I had to get a job.
    I think when I get to Hawaii I will def need at least a part time job..So far the highlight of my day is waiting for Jerry Springer to come on and my coffee to finish

I was looking into volunteering this morning actually but then I realized by the time I get the okay to go somewhere we will be moving.

I got a new mop yesterday so I guess i'll try that bad boy out in a bit..
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I never get bored at home lol I clean, read, watch movies, surf the internet, plan things, exercise, play with the dogs, call my parents, occasionally craft. I always seem plenty busy. I miss staying home. Now I have silly school and homework that eats my soul.