Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your thing that you forget?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What's your thing that you forget?

Advertisements

Do you have that one thing that you always forget - that no matter how much you try, how many tricks you use (like timers, setting something in plain sight to trigger a thought, assigning a kid to nag me, etc), no matter how much you promise that THIS time it's going to be different - that one, stupid little thing?

Mine is the hose. I turn it on, I walk out to the barn, it runs into the horse trough and then I can use it to fill the chicken waterer and leave it to finish filling the horse trough while I finish up any other chores in the coop and barn or just play with the "kids" - so I can turn it off when I get back to the house. At least that's the plan A good 50% of the time it goes according to plan, right up until that last part. Somewhere in the 50 yards between a last glance at the trough to see how close to full it is and the back door it just falls out of my head. At some point I'll be standing in the kitchen and realize I can hear the faucet running (it's right under the kitchen sink), or I'll step outside to do something and it'll hit me, or, like tonight, I'll walk out to the barn to put the chickens up and hear the water running out of the trough and splashing onto the ground Tonight I chalked it up to washing any "floaters" over the edge and "watering" the paddock -
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

the milk. I put everything back in the fridge, but i always forget the milk. Always.

Whyy can't I remember to put the milk away?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    BC and deodorant. I have to keep deodorant in the car because I never seem to remember it BEFORE I walk out of the house.

I Eelizah
  4. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    the exact same thing as you.
  5. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    BC and deodorant. I have to keep deodorant in the car because I never seem to remember it BEFORE I walk out of the house.
    If you keep forgetting your deodorant, you won't need the birth control
  6. Senior Member
    I forget bedding when going back and forth to college. I forgot a pillow one semester and my blanket another.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm reallllly bad about leaving the cap off the toothpaste. It's like I set it down, then start brushing my teeth, then I get lost in thought and forget about it.

DH bought me a toothpaste where the lid just snaps open and shut, vs. one that completely unscrews and comes off, and that's really helped. Somehow it's easier for me to remember to snap it closed than to put the cap back on.
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I forget to close doors and turn off lights. I come home and go "Someone broke in, turned all the lights on and opened all the doors! Oh wait, it was me"
  9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

My sunglasses. In the past week, I have left my sunglasses at my dads, my moms, my grandparents, my work, I put them in DD's back pack one time and don't know why they always come back but now I finally broke down and bought a back up pair and even then I left those at my grandmas Friday and luckily saw her later on so she brought them to me!

10. Senior Member
    My books or my notebook. It's always one or the other. I leave them everywhere... The bathroom, classrooms, my kitchen table, the car.. It's ridiculous. Last semester I bought 5 notebooks..
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast