Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My phone is dying

1. Free!
    Free!

My phone is dying

Advertisements
    I have a 5 year old flip-phone (that coworkers poke fun at) and I think it's on its last leg. I need to update but I'm not sure to what. I've looked at firephone from amazon and a few others none really seem to fit. Ugh I don't know what I want... except that it is durable. It's my only standard .

What kind of cell phone do you have?
  2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I just posted a thread raving about my new Samsung phone. it is the greatest. it's actually a little absurd how much I like it.
  3. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    what's your carrier? I took advantage of the at&t next program and had zero down for 28 a month with an upgrade every 18 months. im basically making payments with no interest.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I have a nexus five on Tmobile. It doesn't come with any crap software installed, we bought it outright and have no contract. I ruv it but I'm not picky. I did lament giving up a "real" keyboard two phones ago but I have emotionally recovered.
  5. Free!
    Free!
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    what's your carrier? I took advantage of the at&t next program and had zero down for 28 a month with an upgrade every 18 months. im basically making payments with no interest.
    I am under my parents' plan in Verizon. I ready to branch out though, hence looking at the Firephone which is under at&t. They have the next program for that one but there are many bad reviews. I think a lot of it is spam from apple though because the bad reviews seem to have the same theme (Oh they use natural gas for the factories,etc). There are so many choices now

I've never been much of an apple user since it seems to be specialize for web design, ex).
  6. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    really? it seemed worth it to me, but I didn't look in to it. I was basically like "cool, immediate upgrade, screw apple." I wonder what kind of spam you get from apple you wouldn't anyways.
  7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    oh you mean spam that's just rants against iphones.
  8. Senior Member
    I have a Droid Maxx. I love it, I have been a huge Droid fan for a while. My phone is fairly durable, it has carbon fiber backing and gorilla glass. All driods are water proofed so that is nice. They say its battery has a 48 hour life, and it really does last the 48 hours.

We paid for ours when there was a deal going on. With rebates and instant cash and it was only $50 out of pocket. If you stay with Verizon check out an authorized dealer, they can sometimes get you a better deal than the corporate stores because they will get the corporate deals and negotiate with you to buy from them.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Note 3. Love it. Wait for the note 4 though.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. Come along with me, misery loves company.
    Come along with me, misery loves company.

I have the HTC one m8 and I love it. My husband and I upgraded early under Verizon's edge program (basically same thing as at&t) and we pay $25 per phone a month. I traded in my iPhone and got $300 off this phone too.
    When dh went there I told him to get me the Samsung galaxy s5, but he messed up and got me the one m8 instead and I'm glad he did I love the galaxy(it's what my tablet is) but I really love this one more. He has the s5 and hasn't had any issues and really likes it. I'd say it's durable. He is underway right now and it hasn't broken yet I keep mine in an otterbox cause I drop it constantly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast