Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Odd things you see walking down the street

1. Senior Member

Odd things you see walking down the street

Advertisements
    I was walking down the street tonight in a small coastal town when I saw a group of maybe 20-30 people exit the back side of a building into a parking lot. They looked like they were having a really good time, laughing, hooping and hollering like they'd been in a serious party mood. Since most of the businesses that were open on that street at that time were bars, I assumed that's what they came out of. The people coming out of the bars though didn't act as happy as that group. They looked really happy. As I continued on down the street, I saw the sign on the opposite side of the building. It was a funeral home! There was no hearse or anything parked, and it was almost 10pm so I guess it might've been a viewing.
  2. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

That's odd
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

People be cray cray!

I once saw a car where the entire front end was made of bondo. Does that count?

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    - I don't see it as being that odd, I am a big fan of the approach of making it a time of celebration of the person's life and joyful activity vs. mournful sadness.
  5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I hope that is how my wake/funeral go down. I remember when my Uncle Steve died, it was one hell of a party, everyone laughed over stories about stupid crazy shit he'd done or good times they had. They celebrated his life rather than mourning the loss of it.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    - I don't see it as being that odd, I am a big fan of the approach of making it a time of celebration of the person's life and joyful activity vs. mournful sadness.
    I can see that. When I said "odd", I meant as in unusual to see, not commenting on whether it's a good or bad thing. It seemed like a pretty good celebration.
  7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I live in Portland, so let's see, people walking their 200 lbs pet pigs downtown, man on a unicycle wearing a kilt and a Darth Vader mask playing the bagpipes, and a car decked out to survive the apocalypse parked at the grocery store.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    I live in Portland, so let's see, people walking their 200 lbs pet pigs downtown, man on a unicycle wearing a kilt and a Darth Vader mask playing the bagpipes, and a car decked out to survive the apocalypse parked at the grocery store.
    Sounds like an interesting place. One of my neighbors has a survivalist type vehicle.