Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I miss you guys!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I miss you guys!

Advertisements
    It's been a while so for those of you who know me, I miss you! For those of you who don't

I've been BUSY.... too busy, and I still feel like I'm doing nothing At the moment, I'm basically a stay at home wife, and all that that entails, and I'm busier now than I was when I was going to school and/or working! How do you SAHW/SAHM's do it?!?!?!?! For those of you who don't know, I moved to Kansas City about a year ago to *finally* live with DB (we met online and had been together for 2 years, we met playing WoW) and I kind of hate it, but I'm finally figuring out I can deal with it, even if I don't like it much. (I'm definitely an East Coast girl and Jersey holds my heart, but it's nice to be with DB) So when I moved here, I was going to school full time, basically taking some gen. ed classes, trying to figure out where I was headed, unfortunately that didn't help much. So now I'm looking for a job, and *considering* going back to nursing school (I was half way done with a 2 year program when my Dad (step dad) died, I took a semester off (he died at the end of the summer, and I was far too busy helping my Mom figure out the estate stuff. It was fairly straight forward, the will was very detailed, my sister (step sister) was the executor (she's the oldest, about 2 weeks younger than my Mom, since his kids were older, it made sense this way) all was fine, but it was still a lot of work, and my Mom needed help. When I went back to school, I was basically bullied out of the program by the director, it was a big mess, and really turned me off to the whole thing, I felt like she was taking my dreams and stomping on them.) soooo we'll see

How's everyone doing??

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I don't know you but I am "back" in school, and it can be very difficult. If you ever want to vent/chat let me know. It's challenging enough without people discouraging you or making you feel bad about life circumstances. It's taken me a very long time to come to terms with my personal situation and approach and timeline with school.

I was a SAHW for ...four years -ish and I liked it. I wanted to finish school so I go now, but I miss the SAHW bit. I think I'm weird though, it seems most people prefer having something else to do
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I remember you, okay well your name, kind of it's been quite a while since I was very active here though haha. I've been back a few times, but mostly stayed quiet.

I'm with you on the SAHW thing, I absolutely LOVE it, I do not get bored, I don't have time to get bored, but I do have time for me. I'm an introvert, so I don't mind being alone for the most part (although I really do need to find some friends to hang out with sometimes here, easier said than done when you don't do anything haha) and I like to do "wifely" things. My idea of a relaxing day? Cleaning house. Doing the laundry? Sure! I also am into all kinds of crafty stuff, and I like to read a lot (and play video games, although A LOT less than I used to) so the whole SAHW thing works for me, BUT I want to do something with my life at some point lol. We don't need the money, DB swears he doesn't mind at all because of all the other stuff that I do (that he really REALLY doesn't want to have to do, but I still feel guilty when just a couple of years ago I was completely supporting myself. I kind of feel like I'm stuck between a rock and hard spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I remember you! You probably remember me as naughty minx or bubble butt. I don't remember what my name was when you left, lol. I've changed it a couple of times.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    I remember you, okay well your name, kind of it's been quite a while since I was very active here though haha. I've been back a few times, but mostly stayed quiet.

I'm with you on the SAHW thing, I absolutely LOVE it, I do not get bored, I don't have time to get bored, but I do have time for me. I'm an introvert, so I don't mind being alone for the most part (although I really do need to find some friends to hang out with sometimes here, easier said than done when you don't do anything haha) and I like to do "wifely" things. My idea of a relaxing day? Cleaning house. Doing the laundry? Sure! I also am into all kinds of crafty stuff, and I like to read a lot (and play video games, although A LOT less than I used to) so the whole SAHW thing works for me, BUT I want to do something with my life at some point lol. We don't need the money, DB swears he doesn't mind at all because of all the other stuff that I do (that he really REALLY doesn't want to have to do, but I still feel guilty when just a couple of years ago I was completely supporting myself. I kind of feel like I'm stuck between a rock and hard spot.
    I do think I saw some of your checking back in posts! I totally feel you on the house wife stuff, the free time, crafts, even the games (I only play Zelda, but it consumes a lot of time whenever I do ). But I do understand the conflicted feeling! DH doesn't care, we never planned to live with/off my income. I don't know if I plan to use my degree/go to grad school/use the grad school degree. I just don't know and it's really, really weird because obviously you go to school to get a career. I'm a weirdo. I also have dreams of creating a successful, lucrative blog but I have not figured out a focus for it yet
  6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Heyyy girl

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. Senior Member
    Glad to see you back! I took some time off while ago (6 months closed account time frame), not sure if you were around then. It was needed but felt good to come back.