Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you do today?

1. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah

What did you do today?

Advertisements
    Today was my daughters 3rd birthday! We started out going to Starbucks for a Mama/Bekah date. She had chocolate milk.
    Then she and I went to the Rally to Improve birth. The third shift working husband was sleeping but walked down to the rally
    which was only a few blocks from our house to support us and entertain the kids. We came home after that and just had a fun day playing.

Rebekah wanted to hold a sign.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  2. Moderator

Something I've discovered about homeschool and a husband with a very weird work schedule is that I forget what else is going on in the world on any particular day. SO. We attempted to go to the library for this week's reading material... and busted, because it was a holiday. Couldn't even return our books- they locked the outside book return. The monkeys were ever-so-disappointed because they LOVE the library, and I couldn't even cheer them up by being like "TODAY IS AN AWESOME HOLIDAY" because hello, Labor Day is lame. So then we went and got stuff to make consolation taco salad, and then we watched Harry Potter because Hogwarts' term started today. And that's pretty much it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MINION!!!!
  3. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    Harry Potter always makes it better. I can't believe she starts preschool this week.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I had a very very lazy day!
  5. Senior Member

I work third shift, too so I slept all day but I am off tonight so I will be up all night watching Netflix while everyone else is asleep.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    Something I've discovered about homeschool and a husband with a very weird work schedule is that I forget what else is going on in the world on any particular day. SO. We attempted to go to the library for this week's reading material... and busted, because it was a holiday. Couldn't even return our books- they locked the outside book return. The monkeys were ever-so-disappointed because they LOVE the library, and I couldn't even cheer them up by being like "TODAY IS AN AWESOME HOLIDAY" because hello, Labor Day is lame. So then we went and got stuff to make consolation taco salad, and then we watched Harry Potter because Hogwarts' term started today. And that's pretty much it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MINION!!!!
    I may or may not have re-read all of the first HP book for the same reason.

I Eelizah
  7. Senior Member
    Happy Birthday to your little one!

I was very lazy for most part of the day. I skyped with DB for like 3 hours, watched breaking bad, then had leg day at the gym, had dinner and did hw.. now I'm already in bed
    If you're too proud to follow rivers, how are you ever gonna find the sea?
  8. Senior Member
    worked all day then came home to discover our A/C isn't working This had to happen when we are having hottest, most humid week ever.

9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    worked all day then came home to discover our A/C isn't working This had to happen when we are having hottest, most humid week ever.
    Damn, that's rough! Always seems to happen like that! In 2012 in San Diego we were having a very hot Labor Day weekend and our A/C broke. The temps were over 100.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Damn, that's rough! Always seems to happen like that! In 2012 in San Diego we were having a very hot Labor Day weekend and our A/C broke. The temps were over 100.
    100 in SD? That's waaaay too hot for that area.

Tomorrow it's going to be in the 90s (which is HOT here). Maintenance has been notified so hopefully it won't be too long until it's fixed. I just hope my doggies can stand it. We dug out the fans so that should help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast