Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Owls

1. Regular Member

Night Owls

Advertisements
    I know there was a thread a while back about this, but its been dead a while and I didn't wanna zombiefy it. So I am making a new one.

I am someone who works 4th shift, and so I am up laaaate, even on my nights off. I would love to have some folks to chat with in the wee hours of the night!

Anyone else a night owl, or work late? FYI I am east coast time zone, but I am up almost constantly it seems. Ah, parenthood!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I used to work nights for like, 9 years. 7-9 pm through 2-4 am. Though with my job I could either get bought out or sleep in between stage sets, or in the case of the club here, work dayshift so I could leave early. So I never got to the point where I couldn't sleep at night on my days off.

I have friends/old coworkers who literally sleep all day long and wake up right before they have to go into work, and are up until dawn. I was never able to do that, haha.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I used to work the night shift, 6pm-6am. No longer, thank goodness. It was unsafe for me driving home when I was that tired.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  4. Senior Member
    I'm night shift in virginia beach. However I don't work again until Thursday. But I'll pop my head again when I'm at work.
  5. Regular Member
    Hooray for other overnighters (or EX overnighters!!)

It is definitely tough at times. Today I had to stay up from 6am on, because no one could watch my kiddos... so I am SOMEHOW still rolling through work. @.@
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I used to work 11pm to 7am (or 10pm to 7, or 11pm to 9am, etc). Thankfully, most nights were uneventful And I always hated having to work on my nights off because that would interfere with class at times and that was the worst thing ever.

Now, I live overseas so when I'm on, it's nighttime for most of the board (I think)
  7. Regular Member
    Oooo, class. One day I will get myself back in there. Its part of the plan, once some finances get squared away. Its something the DB is very passionate about. Of course, ya know, I will get riiiight on that. As soon as I have time. Between working, kids, seeing him, running a household, maintaining a small farm... yeaaaah.

Where in the heck did I put my wonderwoman suit??? >.> <.<
  8. Senior Member
    I am definitely NOT a night owl. I could never ever work a job where I had to work nights (good think I'm a teacher, so that won't ever happen). But the time zone I'm in makes it seem like I am because I'm up when it's the middle of the night for all my friends back home.

What are you wanting to go back to school for?
    ~Sara~
  9. Regular Member
    hehe, thats kinda like a night owl...! I am going back fr my cunseling degree. Its something I never finished ndd really regret, but at the same time its very intimidating. He has gotten all officerface on me about it though, because he knows its something i really do want in the end.

Plus having a job that is semimovable is very nice, as the one i have now definitely is not!

Where are you located and wat do you teach?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grael254 View Post
    hehe, thats kinda like a night owl...! I am going back fr my cunseling degree. Its something I never finished ndd really regret, but at the same time its very intimidating. He has gotten all officerface on me about it though, because he knows its something i really do want in the end.

Plus having a job that is semimovable is very nice, as the one i have now definitely is not!

Where are you located and wat do you teach?
    Very cool, definitely make time for it a movable career makes everything so much easier! It's awesome that your DB is so supportive of you!

We are in Berlin, Germany (no longer military, DH got out last October). We were in AZ the entire time, he gets out and then gets a job in Germany 2 weeks later haha. In the states I taught self-contained special education grades 6-8. This year will be my first year teaching in Germany. I'll be doing grade 4 at an international school (all instruction is in English).
    ~Sara~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast