Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need to sync more often...

1. Senior Member

I need to sync more often...

Advertisements
    I'm going to give my daughter my old iPhone since today is her 14th birthday & I'm FINALLY going to let her have a phone

But prior to doing so I want to make sure I have all of my pics backed up on our desktop and external hard drive .... Which I haven't done in two years

This may take awhile

How often do you sync your phone or iPad/tablet with your computer so you don't lose pics when you upgrade/replace you devices? Obviously for me I rarely do it because I take pics on my phone, tablet, camera, and so does DH so syncing everything is always a big endeavor
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  2. Senior Member
    My android phone automatically saves all pictures and stuff to my google account. I have it set so it only does it on WiFi and myy tablet does the same thing. It is nice. The only thing that doesn't sync is my laptop but I just login to my google account and can see it all.

I imagine apple does something similar? If not then that is pretty annoying.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    My android phone automatically saves all pictures and stuff to my google account. I have it set so it only does it on WiFi and myy tablet does the same thing. It is nice. The only thing that doesn't sync is my laptop but I just login to my google account and can see it all.

I imagine apple does something similar? If not then that is pretty annoying.
    They have photo stream, but I also like to backup everything to the PC and an external drive. Do you have a storage limit with your google account? I do on iCloud so that has been a problem unless I buy more storage

I've yet to really figure out how to get everything saved/stored right on photo stream because it seems like some stuff will show on some devices and not on others & I'm not really sure why
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do!
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I try to sync once a month. Doesn't always happen, but I try.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPANavyWife View Post
    They have photo stream, but I also like to backup everything to the PC and an external drive. Do you have a storage limit with your google account? I do on iCloud so that has been a problem unless I buy more storage

I've yet to really figure out how to get everything saved/stored right on photo stream because it seems like some stuff will show on some devices and not on others & I'm not really sure why
    Well text messages back up to my email and my pictures go to a google backup.

I think we have 1 terrabite storage or something. It was a deal they advertised because this phone didn't have the extra memory card like the Galaxy did. Anyway, Enough that I don't really worry too much right now.
  6. Senior Member
    duluth mn...it's a great city on a great lake!
    I think I synced in February before I had to get a new phone...other than that I just rely on it syncing to the cloud when I'm hooked up to wifi